Is my bta killing my fish

  • Thread starter Thread starter sdr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
So angel owned for 2 months and healthy. Anthias added not long ago and died, angel then followed suit, correct? No QT on anthias performed? Do you have inverts? Inverts and bta all fine? Any fish remaining?

Disease brought in by anthias most likely scenario if only fish died.
Yes, I have crabs, snails and sea urchins. I did dip the anthia's prior to putting them in the tank. They've been healthy for several weeks.
 
Yes, I have crabs, snails and sea urchins. I did dip the anthia's prior to putting them in the tank. They've been healthy for several weeks.
Dipping does not prevent velvet or och from entering a tank. That requires a dip followed by a minimum of 9 days in therapeutic copper followed by another dip and transfer into a clean tank with 30 days being preferable.

My money is on one of the anthias had velvet and it just took a couple weeks for the lifecycle of velvet to encyst.
 
A fw dip isn’t really going to do anything for prevention. All it does is alleviate symptoms if present.
All we are doing is guessing without pics though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new