Is my clown okay?

  • Thread starter Thread starter PoppyD88
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PoppyD88

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 2, 2020
Messages
15
Reaction score
5
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 55 gallon tank, 40lbs of live rock, 60lbs of live sand. My tank has properly cycled, I put in a Scooter Goby, purple firefish, Wyoming white clownfish, and black Ocellaris all from the same LPS. The Wyoming white is about double the size of the black clownfish. It was attacking the black clown for a few days, i thought they were pairing but then i found a chunk out of the top fin, so i put the Wyoming white in a “jail” breeder mesh box. I’ll reintroduce the Wyoming in a week, then i’ll do a black out for 24hrs. Does my Black clown look okay? Will he be okay with just a missing piece? Or should i medicate him in a QT? Do you think they’ll get along in the future, even maybe pair?

6010B38D-439D-45F2-B4DD-A98CF63944F8.jpeg
 
He should be okay :) my clowns beat each other up way more than this when they were pairing up. Good diet, feed a smaller amount multiple times a day, and a stress free environment is what this guy needs to recover :) he will regrow the fin just fine
 
He should be okay :) my clowns beat each other up way more than this when they were pairing up. Good diet, feed a smaller amount multiple times a day, and a stress free environment is what this guy needs to recover :) he will regrow the fin just fine
Do you think my two clownfish are too different in size? Like someone said that they’re too different in size to pair up.
 
Sometimes the really big clown and really small clown method works, sometimes the female is too aggressive. I’d say see how the time-out goes and try again. If it still doesn’t work then I would suggest picking a favorite and trading the other one in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new