Is my conch starving?

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a conch and he completely eradicated my cyano issue on the sandbed within the first week. He’s been in there for a month or two now and I have noticed he has started to clean the rocks and the walls and glass more often. I know the way do this from time to time but does this mean he’s starving or that he’s just checking out spots he hasn’t eaten off of

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as there is some algae for him to munch on and the tank isn't too young, he should be fine :) if you're concerned, strap a piece of nori to a place on the rock and he can munch
Ok I may do that. The tank is 8 months. Don’t know if you consider it young because that term is pretty relative in this hobby.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back