Is my current Aquascape good for future corals?

CrazyDuck959

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, it’s been a little while since I made a post. And my tank has had stable parameters. So I’m looking into getting some corals soon (GSP to be specific). But I was looking at pictures of other reef tanks and I noticed how they used multiple small rocks instead of a few big rocks (Which is what my tank currently has). I was wondering if I should be changing the scape at all for long term and better coral growth. Also that way if any corals do grow really fast they don’t overrun the whole scape. Any suggestions? I’ll post a picture below of what my scape looks like (Note - Old Picture). Thanks in advance y’all!

93748E38-352F-49FF-B6C9-5AD572135392.jpeg

eaquintero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a pretty good scape for keeping a variety of corals in different light intensities, but putting gsp on that would just take over all of the rockwork

OP
OP
CrazyDuck959

CrazyDuck959

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a pretty good scape for keeping a variety of corals in different light intensities, but putting gsp on that would just take over all of the rockwork
Ahh, I’m not sure if I want to start with anything too expensive as my first coral though, that’s why I wanted to try gsp. That’s why I’m kinda trying to figure this out. I don’t want to drop tons of cash on a expensive coral for it to die because of my inexperience.

eaquintero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh, I’m not sure if I want to start with anything too expensive as my first coral though, that’s why I wanted to try gsp. That’s why I’m kinda trying to figure this out. I don’t want to drop tons of cash on a expensive coral for it to die because of my inexperience.
I'm not sure where you're located but you'd be surprised how much value you can find at an lfs or even free stuff from local reefers that won't take over the tank

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think it’s a great foundation for a beautiful reef!

OP
OP
CrazyDuck959

CrazyDuck959

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I thought I should make a response here. I did decide to re-scape the tank. It looks great, I now have space to stick in some smaller rocks for fast growing corals like GSP. I used all the rocks from the original scape in this new one. It’s 2 islands, one large island made of 3 rocks it’s got a good cave for fish and inverts to hide in the middle. It’s also the same height as the last scape. Then the second island made of 2 rocks with a smaller cave. The 2 islands both got a ton of spots for coral frags to fit. It also makes the tank look bigger then it really is, unlike the last one. Let me know what you all think. I really like it! The pictures don't give it the credit it deserves sorry.

5370D1EF-1544-4CCC-BDA7-39B0F469E489.jpeg F6AF673B-AFF0-4A2A-92D2-FCF1930CCD4C.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back