Is my Cyphastrea okay?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bleigh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Perhaps time is all he needs. Is the flow moderate?
I think so. There’s 2 mp10’s. But they don’t point at it. The food gently swirls in that area. So I’d say closer to moderate than low flow right there.
 
Here are 2 of mine.

IMG_20201002_211300.jpg
 
I bought one some weeks ago and I kept it in my frag tank for a couple weeks before placing it in my DT. It’s low in my tank and gets no shading.

7D4D744E-33B7-418F-8E50-08FE2A0DF6AA.jpeg
 
Should I scootch it over just a bit so that it’s more in the light or just leave it and watch it for a few more days?
 
It doesn't look bad, they do grow in less light but will stay brown until they grow into the light. My Jingle Bells is brown where it grew under the plug. But when I fragged it and let it get light it colored up.
 
Should I scootch it over just a bit so that it’s more in the light or just leave it and watch it for a few more days?

They generally do pretty good low in the tank with direct light. You could move it over some and see how it does. I would wear some gloves, like surgical gloves to keep from touching the tissue.
 
Looks good to me! The one I got recently I clipped the stem off the plug to let it encrust down on the rock.
55B6EF8D-CB7E-4D61-94DB-87B51F6389CD.jpeg

Mine looks like a melting birthday cake!
 
Looks good to me! The one I got recently I clipped the stem off the plug to let it encrust down on the rock.
55B6EF8D-CB7E-4D61-94DB-87B51F6389CD.jpeg

Mine looks like a melting birthday cake!
That’s soooo cool. I’ve been loving Cyphastrea lately. I keep buying them. Hopefully one of mine will start looking like that!
 
That’s soooo cool. I’ve been loving Cyphastrea lately. I keep buying them. Hopefully one of mine will start looking like that!

I like them too. I'm kinda stuck on goniopora as well right now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new