Is my Duncan dying?

mister_pikel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
906EC5A4-AA74-4001-98DA-4E1A569A3CB6.jpeg 4E052232-A48A-439E-A8FF-21B258D613B0.jpeg

OP
OP
M

mister_pikel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this Duncan for about two weeks and 4 days ago I took everything out and put it in buckets to drill the tank and add a sump and all other corals (gsp, Zoa, hammer, frogspawn) seem to be doing good but the Duncan still hasn’t fully come out and I noticed the side looks like it’s dying and is starting to have holes in it. Anyone know what this is?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’ve had this Duncan for about two weeks and 4 days ago I took everything out and put it in buckets to drill the tank and add a sump and all other corals (gsp, Zoa, hammer, frogspawn) seem to be doing good but the Duncan still hasn’t fully come out and I noticed the side looks like it’s dying and is starting to have holes in it. Anyone know what this is?
Location- lower third of tank under moderate light and water flow. Feed 2-3x weekly and assure
Calcium, alk, salinity, temperature not elevated

OP
OP
M

mister_pikel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really upset at least.
to form opinion we need more info though

ware parameters
Recent events
How long you have it
Anything you can think of
Ph 7.8
Calcium 420
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10
Alkalinity 10
Phosphate <.25
I’ve had it about 2 weeks and just added a sump and drilled the tank 4 days ago so everything was in buckets for a couple hours. Everything else seems to be doing great and the Duncan won’t come out and the base looks like it’s dying. If I’m being honest if any coral was to die I’m glad it’s this one because I only spent 15$ On it but I would still like to save it if I could

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ph 7.8
Calcium 420
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10
Alkalinity 10
Phosphate <.25
I’ve had it about 2 weeks and just added a sump and drilled the tank 4 days ago so everything was in buckets for a couple hours. Everything else seems to be doing great and the Duncan won’t come out and the base looks like it’s dying. If I’m being honest if any coral was to die I’m glad it’s this one because I only spent 15$ On it but I would still like to save it if I could
My Duncan is the first to tell meg if something is up in the water parameters. Phosphate 0.25 is high by my standards (I keep mine at th 0.1-0.03 range) but I don’t think that is the issue.
there is plenty of flesh on that base so that is not an issue.
I remember when I got mind it was taking about a week before opening fully but every alk or magnesium change upsets it for a day or two.
maybe it doesn’t like the place it is at the moment. Light or flow just as @vetteguy53081 said need to be medium.
mine is really starting to take of after a year. My clown moved in didn’t help though :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back