Is my flow correct?

Houston03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I am looking for a little bit of insight on flow, I have a Nuvo 20 with 2 ai prime and a Nero 3. I’ve attached a picture of the tank and screenshot of my flow schedule. My main question is about the acros being in basically direct flow of the Nero and the flow schedule on how it looks and if you would change anything. Thank you in advance!
IMG_1023.jpeg
IMG_1024.png

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you add another powerhead on the opposite side and have the flows aim at each other, they will bounce off each other and create a more random flow effect.

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 in my 45 gallon, plus the return flow. I would say you're plenty good, though you could do as suggested above. That will also help your acros grow more evenly. But from a flow standpoint overall, you're fine with just one. I have mine set to flow alternately, 24/7 with a few seconds off time between each.

Widdlyscudds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally like to create a circular flow pattern I put a powerhead in opposite corners, in reality tho as long as everything is getting flow and there isn't any stagnant areas your gonna be just fine. the acros being in direct flow shouldn't be an issue. The only potential issue I see is a flow shadow behind your aquascape since it's quite large. Your corals will tell you if they are happy or not and adjust flow based on that or if you are getting large detritus build up. Looks good!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back