Is my Frogspawn still alive?

Reef Mamma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, needed some advice. We had a mayor ick attack in our reef. As many new reefers we tried all the “stuff” claimed to work. Nothing did other that QT. My frogspawn is not looking good at all. Yesterday did a 50% WC and also a fresh water dip on FS. I see some bulbs but totally retracted. Possible she is still alive ???

1AE13F10-B3AD-4A41-B761-8F24908902F6.jpeg

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's still got some flesh then it's still alive and savable but it is definitely on its way out

OP
OP
R

Reef Mamma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you add copper to the water to deal with ich? Do you have any other corals in the tank? It's still alive, but possibly not for long.
We did not add copper to our DT- we set up a QT and medicating our fish there. We did try kick ick and rally in the beginning to try and avoid Reef tear down - is there anything I can do to help my FS?
All parameters in tank are normal including calcium

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just let it sit in gentle flow and moderate lighting and let it be. The more it is touched the wors eit will be. You can try feeding something like vitachem, reef energy, fuel, or an amino acid mix but other than that I would just let it try and recover.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just let it sit in gentle flow and moderate lighting and let it be. The more it is touched the wors eit will be. You can try feeding something like vitachem, reef energy, fuel, or an amino acid mix but other than that I would just let it try and recover.
I mostly agree with this but it'd be nice to figure out the root cause too. A fresh list of parameter test results would be helpful

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still alive but very retracted/dying. If there are polyps, its alive though.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back