Is my hammer coral dead?

Missingsymphony

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2021
Messages
10
Reaction score
25
Location
Corona
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I always googled for answers about anything that had to do with my new aquarium (and hobby) but I couldn't find anything that looked how my coral does now, I bought a red sea kit and all the chemical levels seem fine, salinity and temp are fine too, I did try and relocate it once and it broke off from the clay I used to stick it on the live rock and when I did like 1/4 of its head flew off everywhere and a chunk of the bottom skeleton breaking off, it was fine for a week after that then it looked like the after picture provided, fishes and everything else seem to be doing fine

20210128_230630.jpg 20210210_202721.jpg
 
Yep sorry. It’s gone
Awww I kinda figured but wanted to be sure, how come every once in a while does it look like it's pooping? Like the stringy brown stuff coming out or is it just decomposing?
 
Yeah it’s just melting off what’s left
Awww dang :<, Thanks for letting me know, I could not find any answers for a while so I been leaving it my tank like that till I was 100% sure, ill be removing tomorrow, thanks again for the help
 
Keep the skeleton I had one go through 6 days of 58 degree water a couple years ago in a power outage. Well that sucker made a couple babies during the stress and is still alive. You never know!
 
Awww I kinda figured but wanted to be sure, how come every once in a while does it look like it's pooping? Like the stringy brown stuff coming out or is it just decomposing?
Decomposing. When you take it out, it should have a strong smelly sea smell. That’s the scent of decomposition.
 
Thanks for the replies, I took it out yesterday, my aquarium kinda got a little too natural, got algae growing everywhere and little tiny white specs (living) covering every inch of my aquarium, think the dead coral I had inside was a food fest, im not sure
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new