Is my hammer okay??

Shinobu

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2025
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grabbed the hammer to remove it from the plug but because the flesh band was pretty much all the way on the bottom I ended up grabbing it. It let off a bit of slime and is patchy now. Not sure if it is algae that came off or if I damaged it.

IMG_0032.jpeg IMG_0033.jpeg
 
Hard to tell, has it opened today? Unless you really squeezed it i would say the flesh would probably be ok.

If you have Lugols on hand an iodine dip can help the tissue heal if it is actually damaged. If not I would wait it out and see what it does (if it's been healthy up to this point)
 
Hard to tell, has it opened today? Unless you really squeezed it i would say the flesh would probably be ok.

If you have Lugols on hand an iodine dip can help the tissue heal if it is actually damaged. If not I would wait it out and see what it does (if it's been healthy up to this point)
Yeah it’s opened up like normal. I think some of the tissue regrown overnight because the base looks slightly less patchy this morning. I dont think I squeezed it super hard when gripping it, just that some of the tissue slimed off during handling.

IMG_0038.jpeg
 
LPS slime when handling or moving them is normal, it's a stress response. Looks open and happy, I would let it ride and keep an eye on the tissue when it's closed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new