OP
P

pcorpion

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The whole DT needs to be treated in case they are egg laying flukes, otherwise the fish can just get reinfected.
No treatment is completely risk free, but healthy corals will not be affected by a properly done prazi treatment. There will be some nutrients entering the system due to the solvent used, similar to carbon dosing. Discontinue any carbon dosing before and during a Prazipro treatment.
Jay

OP
OP
P

pcorpion

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guys my first ever anthia didn't make it she died last night. Now i have two fish left in the ring of fire. they are 1 clown and a 1-inch lyretail anthia. so far from what i can tell seem flawless with great swimming and eating habits. but what do I know. What is the recommended next move do i take them out and treat them with prazipro or do i let it ride ?
Thanks in advance .

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can flukes kill a fish?

Yes - flukes almost always kill fish when an infection gets going in a small aquarium with newer fish. It can take weeks though. In large aquariums (thousands of gallons) fish can live with fluke infections for some time.

The prazipro treatment would be the next step here.

Jay

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back