Is my midas blenny guarding eggs?

ShippD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow great thread and work dedication is what it takes to do this for sure...keep up the great work and you will succeed following along for sure

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rich I will be trying ur nori cigar tomorrow !!
Anychance u can post a pic of it so I can see exactly what u mean? Did u invent this method it makes alot of sense!

OP
OP
Rjramos

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1382500038.835890.jpg
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1382500066.885444.jpg

Here they are. I just thought of this 1 day. The fish gotta work for it! Not just tear at it and disperse it all over the tank. Also no big pieces of nori so it doesn't get stuck on your overflows. I use 4 sheets the size you see in the picture. Place pellets or flakes in center fold, about 10 drops of garlic solution, fold, and start to roll. If you moisten the nori a little it will roll easier and not tear. Once you got it tightly rolled, rubber band it to a small rock set up with a hole and string or line attached to it. Place a thin dowel across the top of your tank and secure, tie line to dowel and let it hang where there is plenty of swimming space. And there you have your fish piñata!

OP
OP
Rjramos

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you ever successful in raising them?
No, I would start with huge batches of larvae and by day 8 post hatch I would lose all of them. Then I lost the female and shortly after the male disappeared. That was 2014, since then no one has had success with Midas Blennies. I believe I’ve journaled more progress on MBI( Marine Breeding Initiative ) then anyone else. I wish I could give it another trial in the near future.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back