Is my monti dying?

AlmostGosu

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
8
Reaction score
7
Location
DC Metro
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This coral used to be bright red all over. I've added a couple new corals, a bubble euphyllia and a birds nest that are both looking very happy. Nothing else has changed in my tank, this guy has been happy in there for a couple months :-( I missed a water change last week, but haven't missed one in a long time before that.. it's basically automated. Any help would be appreciated.

Tank parameters:
Calc - 430 (stable on a reactor)
Alk - 8.5-9.0
pH - 8.1 - 8.3
Salinity - 34 ppt ( I pulled some tank water yesterday
Ammonia, nitrates, & nitrates are ~0
Phosphates: I don't have a phosphate measure kit on hand

Equipment:
72 Gallon bowfront
Octo 150SSS tuned lean - I get about a cup of skimmate every 3 weeks
2x XR-15 G4 PRO - EcoTech coral lab SPS AB+ on 80% intensity
Chaeto refugium fueled by kessil H380
302 Aquatics turf scrubber
 
I would say get your Nitrates up. My monti like that gets really pale if Nitrates drop much below 5 ppm. That coral is my indicator when my nutrient level is too low.
 
+1
 
*Dumps jar of reef roids in tank* That oughta do it.

:-D I'll start adding reef roids a bit more aggressively and see if he comes back. Right now I'm doing 1* tsp every other day. I'd be devastated to lose this colony. Thanks for the quick replies.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new