Is my Nem done for?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dw79
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dw79

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2019
Messages
741
Reaction score
4,033
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last Sunday after a water change my BTA that has been doing great for more than 7 months closed up into my rock work. It stayed in the rock for a couple days before it came out and hasn't openned since. I tested my water and the only real difference I can see is that my skimmer hasn't been work properly and my phosphate has gotten pretty high. I tried moving it gently with a scrapper and its still stuck to the rock and it puffs up a bit when lights are out. Tank is going on 4 years old
Temp 78
Salinity 1.024
Nitrate 6
Nitrite less than 0.01
Phos 1
Calcium 410
Mag 1280
Alk 7
Ph 7.8
Here are before and after photos

20210312_164625.jpg 20210409_110736.jpg
 
Last Sunday after a water change my BTA that has been doing great for more than 7 months closed up into my rock work. It stayed in the rock for a couple days before it came out and hasn't openned since. I tested my water and the only real difference I can see is that my skimmer hasn't been work properly and my phosphate has gotten pretty high. I tried moving it gently with a scrapper and its still stuck to the rock and it puffs up a bit when lights are out. Tank is going on 4 years old
Temp 78
Salinity 1.024
Nitrate 6
Nitrite less than 0.01
Phos 1
Calcium 410
Mag 1280
Alk 7
Ph 7.8
Here are before and after photos

20210312_164625.jpg 20210409_110736.jpg
Sorry to see that. Is there anyway you can lift up the rock (probably not - it looks big) - and smell it. To me - it does not look good.... (i.e. bad)
 
Sorry to see that. Is there anyway you can lift up the rock (probably not - it looks big) - and smell it. To me - it does not look good.... (i.e. bad)
No its a large rock with another on top
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new