Is my scoly dying?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brah02
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Brah02

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2025
Messages
408
Reaction score
203
Location
Oregon
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can see on the left some skeleton is exposed (the black part has been there since I’ve had it but the white is new) and the new flesh under the mouth is turning g white. Is it just unhappy or dying? I’ve had it about 4 months at least and has been doing well up to this point.


20250814_100932_3234AEEC-ECEF-46BC-9D6A-177067D890D8.png
 
Yea it’s septa is showing and piercing through the skin which is not good.

Often times, dying and “unhappy” are one and the same.

Was the scoly always half missing when you got it?

Means it was a frag job and not a whole collected specimen, which is tougher to take care of
 
Yea it’s septa is showing and piercing through the skin which is not good.

Often times, dying and “unhappy” are one and the same.

Was the scoly always half missing when you got it?

Means it was a frag job and not a whole collected specimen, which is tougher to take care of
Yeah, it was a frag, cut in half when I got it
 
The place you got it from is questionable, I’ve never seen a scolie frag for sale. While it might be possible, it’s generally not the kind of coral any one would frag.
 
The place you got it from is questionable, I’ve never seen a scolie frag for sale. While it might be possible, it’s generally not the kind of coral any one would frag.
I’ve seen it being done, but never sold that way.

I would never buy a frag of a scoly nor buy anything else from that seller
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new