Is my tail spot blenny just fat?

Snyder1456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a blenny in QT 4 weeks because I couldn't figure out why he had long stringy poop but it was never White. I guess it's more common than I thought because he's in my display and still has those long poops most of the time

Snyder1456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually there were a few that were clear or whitish and segmented but most of the time it was brown or green depending on what he was eating

Snyder1456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason I found this thread is because today I looked at him and he looks kind of bloated too which is a first

Bato367

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, he's just steadily grown fatter, and larger overall.

The first blenny I had was a lawnmower and she wasted away because I guess there was not enough algae in my tank. It was stressful when she wouldn't eat anything I offered. I was worried about the tail spot but read they are better eaters. Boy that was an understatement!
I am rehoming my 5” lawnmower, I don’t have enough algae to keep him fed in my new 34 gallon. He’s a pig. How is your tail spot compared to the lawnmower?

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am rehoming my 5” lawnmower, I don’t have enough algae to keep him fed in my new 34 gallon. He’s a pig. How is your tail spot compared to the lawnmower?
My Tailspot only eats algae off the glass and picks a little off of the rocks. Prefers frozen or pellets. Both have been this way.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That’s what my lawnmower does but there isn’t enough. He requires a piece of seaweed everyday and that’s barely enough.
Both of the Tailspots I have had are hearty little eaters, but neither have wanted nori.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 27.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back