OP
Djtonton

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also agree that it looks like a scratch. Polishing it is your best bet. Also on the outside of the glass means someone did that. You may want to round everyone up and ask what happened.

haha round everyone up thats just me my wife could care less hahahahaha Im totally at fault here i guess. I have to assume it was from the glass cleaner magnet.

I probably wont worry about buffing it out you cant really see it unless you have a flashlight up to it.....well at least that how it was until now now that i know lol

I hear buffing could be a pain i may just leave it

OP
OP
Djtonton

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for helping me calm down a little bit. As soon as im done on this phone conference im heading home. ill let you know if i can feel it from the inside. my guess is no i mean if it was all the way through it would of busted surly right?

Man what a fun panic attack

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a scratch to me, I wouldnt be worried.

OP
OP
Djtonton

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Def a scratch its not through the other side I believe its barley there. You just start thinking okay the display is 265 galling sump about 60 gals lol my house is Fed my wife is gonna kill me lol

I did however use a dry erase maker and marked the bottom of this scratch just to make sure its not growing if it starts to grow new tank it is.

Thanks Reef2Reef community you guys / gals are the best with the quick responses!

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a scratch to me. I wouldn't be too worried, but plan a new tank soon.

mattdg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It absolutely looks like a scratch, but bravo for noticing something was off with your tank. Some day that's going to save your ars.

Mark3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Cerium Oxide ....Glass polish and and drill motor.....check out amazon under glass polish... will work on the outside of the tank. I have used it to polish up empty tanks.

But, if it is a deep scratch, even the polish won't get it out....but small scratches not too deep it works great.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back