Is my toadstool dying? Or just fragging itself?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kiiyo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kiiyo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2021
Messages
262
Reaction score
137
Location
California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It's had this white area for a few weeks now and slowly got bigger and now has gone completely to the other side.

Any reason to be concerned?

20250326_081808.jpg
 
Polyps come out during the day, it's just retracted since lights just came on.
 
Following. I have one doing the same thing. It just appeared a week or so ago. I thought something bit it but im not sure. Ive had the same fish for quite a while. My lights are just now ramping up, mine has normal polyp extension later in the day. I have another that divides and drops a baby once in a while but it is always on an edge.
PXL_20250326_153113983.jpg
 
Following. I have one doing the same thing. It just appeared a week or so ago. I thought something bit it but im not sure. Ive had the same fish for quite a while. My lights are just now ramping up, mine has normal polyp extension later in the day. I have another that divides and drops a baby once in a while but it is always on an edge.
PXL_20250326_153113983.jpg
I've had the same thing happen where its on the edge. I just don't want it to nuke my tank. Lol
 
d

do u have lights on during the day?
It came from my tank that's a couple years old, but I recently upgraded to a larger tank. It gets about 200 par and I feed heavy a couple times a day but my skimmer pulls everything out so my nutrients stay pretty low.
 
It came from my tank that's a couple years old, but I recently upgraded to a larger tank. It gets about 200 par and I feed heavy a couple times a day but my skimmer pulls everything out so my nutrients stay pretty low.
i would say they should get 100-200
so u are there, but im saying maybe sheding, again, not an expert
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new