Is Red Sea worth it?

No, there are are just too many Red Sea seam failure, visible seam bubble, plumbing leak, sump issue, stand design concern, customer service, horror stories out there on social media to justify taking a chance with one of their tanks.
Lol, you must have missed the posts where he said he bought it and then listed all the things wrong with it once it had water in it.
 
Update: I did purchase the tank for $600. Been in the process of setting it up for the last few weeks.

Needed the outside piece for the overflow.
Didn’t come with a return pump.
Recirc pump is dead.
Red Sea valve for the overflow leaks.

My biggest conundrum is the water level in the tank is 4” below the rim even with the new Various 4 running at full speed. Is this part of adjusting the valve or am I missing some regulating piece? Is water supposed to flow from the recirc chamber to the overflow chamber?

Should have just bought a new setup that didn’t require daily inspection of the seams to sleep ok.
Don’t put anything in it. Put it back up for sale after you fix the leak and be done with it, and start over with better decision making.
 
The black glass is fully sealed. As well as the glass that separates the back chambers from the display. There are no bubbles in any of the seams. The water is coming through where the flow pump should return and through the inlet screen for the flow chamber. I guess I didn’t realize they were connected to the overflow chamber. I still feel like I’m missing components other than the flow pump.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 14.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new