Is the Apex Jr right for me?

rck329

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Note that the Jr doesn't support the breakout box add-on. You can do really neat things with those.

Actually, it does. I have one on mine. Just an Aquabus connection like all the other modules. You are really only limited on the total number of modules.

GrouperStupor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, it does. I have one on mine. Just an Aquabus connection like all the other modules. You are really only limited on the total number of modules.

Cool. I may give it a try if I ever buy an expansion module with more Aquabus connectors. Place I looked at listed it worked with the others but not Jr. May have been out-dated info...or just wrong.

rck329

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. I may give it a try if I ever buy an expansion module with more Aquabus connectors. Place I looked at listed it worked with the others but not Jr. May have been out-dated info...or just wrong.

Yeah, could have been in the past they didn't, not sure. Also you can just daisy chain the modules. So every one you add, gives you a port for another. I think the limit is 8 or so though. I think the biggest downside to the Jr is no ph/ORP, and no variable voltage ports. Which can be added separately, but it takes up x of your 8 available, and $$$. I try to buy them used when I can - which goes against my philosophy of buying used electronics - but I've been lucky so far. Ebay usually gets bid up pretty high, but you can find some good deals here from forum members.

OP
OP
demonspeedn

demonspeedn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the input guys. I think I'm going to pull the trigger. I will probably just get the jr, just because I like to keep things as simple as possible.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back