Is The Frag Plug just Black Label Corals in Disguise?

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my money back from my credit card but @Peterbonin4 sent me the coral I posted for free and paid shipping on his dime.
While that is nice, given the trouble. I certainly would not expect everyone to both get their chargeback and Peter (or any new owner) to also send coral, etc.

Glad you got taken care of.

jtone_philthy_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya the .net is totally unrelated. I kinda feel like a broken record at this point all I am trying to do is help you guys how and the amount of backlash I am getting for trying to clean up someone else's mess is astonishing. Like I have said many different times I am a complete different entity from BLC 2GC and any of those other companies in the past. I am not trying to dance around your guys questions and concerns but I simply can not answer all of them because I don't know all of the answer to them. I really hope you guys can work with me so I can help.
It seems like every time I log on to this thread there is a different person with a different opinion and it all reverts back and we have been going back and forward for a little more than a week and still only 3 people have reached out from R2R and gotten their issue resolved. I am trying to resolve everyones issue but it is hard to do so when everyone just wants to talk about the problem and not the solution.
If you guys have any more questions please let me know so I can answer them to the best of my knowledge and help you guys out!
The thing is you admitted that u were aware of the old owner being a scammer and that you almost got ripped off by him as well. Even after knowing thats how he operated you took it upon yourself to sign his list of past customers up to receive newsletters related to your new business that they weren’t at all familiar with. rather than sending a grand opening advertisement email from a source that they never subscribed to it would have been better to explain that there was a transfer in ownership and that’s how you have their information in the first place. It also would have helped if you fully introduced yourself and then offered to help them in a personalized email prior to sending them any advertisements.

The only reason I’m saying this is because in the last post you made it sound like ppl are trying to shoot the messenger when that’s not at all the case. Ppl weren’t in any way familiar with the business that sent them a subscription based newsletter. They had to take it upon themselves to start a thread on r2r to make sense of it. You happened to find the thread and then you offered help and sympathy for the people who were ripped off by the previous owner. Say this thread never existed…. How were the ppl supposed to know that they would have to reach out to @peterbonnin4 for an explanation and a resolution?

Telling ppl to go thru their own bank to retrieve their stolen money is self explanatory. I wouldn’t exactly consider that an attempt to offer them help… I don’t see that as a way of rebuilding a relationship with the company either. That’s a last resort that typically leads to a broken relationship with clientele and rightfully so. You have to keep In mind that these ppl had to go outta their way to find out who was behind the company that automatically subscribed them to the site’s mailing list. Also they are already weary due to the fact that they were burned not so long ago. I don’t think any of this was unwarranted. This is a great hobby full of incredibly bright/ talented ppl that do what they can to keep things operating in a friendly and productive manner. These ppl look out for each other and I’m glad that they operate that way.

NanoKaren

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's good to see everyone looking out for each other in the hobby.
Give the new company a chance, or don't, that's entirely up to you all.

But all the misinformation being spread is unfortunate for the new owner. Neither Peter or Jason are or were owners of BLC. Peter bought out what was left of BLC and brought Jason on after the owner of BLC let the company go under.
As many of you are aware, many of the pending orders were left unfulfilled, even though Jason worked without pay for weeks near the end.

The only right thing the owner of BLC did was allow Peter to buy out whatever was left of the assets. So if Peter is offering to help out anyone that was affected by that entire ordeal, it's because he is kind enough to do so, not because he owes anyone anything.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But all the misinformation being spread is unfortunate for the new owner.
Is it misinformation? Possibly
Is there a lot of speculation? Possibly.

I think that's what everyone is waiting for... the true story.

The only right thing the owner of BLC did was allow Peter to buy out whatever was left of the assets.
This just doesn't make sense. By Peter's own admission he knew BLC was shady and was taking advantageof customers, and yet for some reason decided to purchase the remaining assets, along with mailing lists.

Now either the previous owner of BLC has a silver tongue and Peter was his latest victim. Or this is just a rebranding of the same scam.

What doesn't sit right with me is how a person can get screwed over and then feel it's a savvy decision to buy them out knowing all the baggage that comes with it.

It's sad that none of this can be made sense of. I felt like there was ample opportunity to make it make sense, but yet it's all handled behind the scenes with cryptic information that is ambiguous at best.

On one hand this is an attempt to reset and continue with the same tactics. And on the other, this is a new owner that is going to struggle to keep a business a float.

Either way, Peter has a steep uphill climb.

KevinC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of misinformation were spread? All it would take is Jase to get on here for once to clear this up instead of making Peter feels like a broken record.

Still, all there was were new owners and now even Karen is here. Karen, why don’t you introduce yourself and how you two are related?

Jase, wanna come up and confirm you are Peter’s partner on this new adventure yet? Or are you going to sit this one out too. There’s no way you are not speculating this thread that’s for sure.

Peter, best of luck to your business and I truly hope you last.

Last edited:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it misinformation? Possibly
Is there a lot of speculation? Possibly.

I think that's what everyone is waiting for... the true story.

This just doesn't make sense. By Peter's own admission he knew BLC was shady and was taking advantageof customers, and yet for some reason decided to purchase the remaining assets, along with mailing lists.

Now either the previous owner of BLC has a silver tongue and Peter was his latest victim. Or this is just a rebranding of the same scam.

What doesn't sit right with me is how a person can get screwed over and then feel it's a savvy decision to buy them out knowing all the baggage that comes with it.

It's sad that none of this can be made sense of. I felt like there was ample opportunity to make it make sense, but yet it's all handled behind the scenes with cryptic information that is ambiguous at best.

On one hand this is an attempt to reset and continue with the same tactics. And on the other, this is a new owner that is going to struggle to keep a business a float.

Either way, Peter has a steep uphill climb.
Agreed… all Peter had to do is buy them out and start a new company… end of subject! It all went wrong with the email list and now he’s gotta cover it up! Or try to make it right..

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Agreed… all Peter had to do is buy them out and start a new company… end of subject! It all went wrong with the email list and now he’s gotta cover it up! Or try to make it right..
I mean reef_jase is now posting pictures from a third company in the past two years after the past two both closed shop with customers complaining of unfulfilled orders during its operation and after it’s closer and several complaints of customers orders being cancelled after sales when other customers paid full price for the same corals. The account also deletes all negative comments. There’s several scammer groups on FB that have posted about this with plenty of customers alleging fraud. Are we just supposed to move on like he’s not connected to all of this without him ever bothering to explain what happened?

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a bridge to sell you

1706309553306.png

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I do haha. Okay so recently as all of you know BLC shut down and Jase made an announcement that he has switch companies to the frag plug. I placed a large order with Blc and as all of you I got the same response from BLC nothing.. So I have know Jase for a while and asked if I could drive up to get my coral. I liked BLC for their pricing probably like everyone but their costumer service was terrible because it was only Jase. I have recently bought the assets and started The Frag Plug with Jase and our goal is to bring coral at a similar price but with costumer service 100x as well as shipping!! Our main goal is happy customers. That's why I hoped onto R2R to try and help you guys with steps on what to do in order to get your money back as well as get your orders if you would like

It's good to see everyone looking out for each other in the hobby.
Give the new company a chance, or don't, that's entirely up to you all.

But all the misinformation being spread is unfortunate for the new owner. Neither Peter or Jason are or were owners of BLC. Peter bought out what was left of BLC and brought Jason on after the owner of BLC let the company go under.
As many of you are aware, many of the pending orders were left unfulfilled, even though Jason worked without pay for weeks near the end.

The only right thing the owner of BLC did was allow Peter to buy out whatever was left of the assets. So if Peter is offering to help out anyone that was affected by that entire ordeal, it's because he is kind enough to do so, not because he owes anyone anything.
Gee, I wonder where all this misinformation is coming from. If you all could keep your stories straight, perhaps people wouldn't be so skeptical.

NanoKaren

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of misinformation were spread? All it would take is Jase to get on here for once to clear this up instead of making Peter feels like a broken record.

Still, all there was were new owners and now even Karen is here. Karen, why don’t you introduce yourself and how you two are related?

Jase, wanna come up and confirm you are Peter’s partner on this new adventure yet? Or are you going to sit this one out too. There’s no way you are not speculating this thread that’s for sure.

Peter, best of luck to your business and I truly hope you last.
Kevin,

Many people know who I am, but for those who don't, I'm a close friend of Jase and I also know the owner of BLC and the owner of TFP. I'm only putting on here what I know to be true.
Neither Jase nor Peter owe anyone anything because they're not the ones who took people's money and didn't send out products.

What happened with that whole ordeal was unfortunate for everyone all around and like I previously stated, Peter is doing a good thing by offering to help those involved.
Although I do agree, the existing email list shouldn't have been used, they have already cleared that and started a new list.

And the misinformation I was referring to being that TFP is the same company as BLC and that Jase was the owner of BLC. Jase has already addressed this on Instagram so I don't see why he would need to make a R2R account to come in here and tell you all what Peter and myself already have.

I don't think it's necessary to go back and forth with anyone here at this point. As Peter has already offered, anyone who had an issue with an order in the last few months BLC was in operation is welcome to reach out to him or Jase. Again, this was also offered on IG, the only platform Jase uses.

KevinC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kevin,

Many people know who I am, but for those who don't, I'm a close friend of Jase and I also know the owner of BLC and the owner of TFP. I'm only putting on here what I know to be true.
Neither Jase nor Peter owe anyone anything because they're not the ones who took people's money and didn't send out products.

What happened with that whole ordeal was unfortunate for everyone all around and like I previously stated, Peter is doing a good thing by offering to help those involved.
Although I do agree, the existing email list shouldn't have been used, they have already cleared that and started a new list.

And the misinformation I was referring to being that TFP is the same company as BLC and that Jase was the owner of BLC. Jase has already addressed this on Instagram so I don't see why he would need to make a R2R account to come in here and tell you all what Peter and myself already have.

I don't think it's necessary to go back and forth with anyone here at this point. As Peter has already offered, anyone who had an issue with an order in the last few months BLC was in operation is welcome to reach out to him or Jase. Again, this was also offered on IG, the only platform Jase uses.
Ouch. Close friend? I was expecting more when he was posting about his “karrot” and keep posting corals for sale rather than fulfilling existing orders first (before).

No need to reply me and state “it’s not necessary to go back and forth with anyone here at this point.”

You really haven’t resolved nor explained anything at all.

Sure, it might not be Jase who took the money, but it is definitely Jase that keeps posting and urging people to order despite being behind. Why?

Since you do not want to go back and forth after this either, all it will remains is:

1) Jase, a partner of TFP who decides not to make any appearances despite Peter being put under pressure,

2) Another person who claims Jase is innocent and everything should be resolved thru DM.

3) Bunch of unanswered questions with a story that doesn’t match up.

4) you claim that he addressed this on instagram. Any proof? I don’t see it. :)

NanoKaren

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch. Close friend? I was expecting more when he was posting about his “karrot” and keep posting corals for sale rather than fulfilling existing orders first (before).

No need to reply me and state “it’s not necessary to go back and forth with anyone here at this point.”

You really haven’t resolved nor explained anything at all.

Sure, it might not be Jase who took the money, but it is definitely Jase that keeps posting and urging people to order despite being behind. Why?

Since you do not want to go back and forth after this either, all it will remains is:

1) Jase, a partner of TFP who decides not to make any appearances despite Peter being put under pressure,

2) Another person who claims Jase is innocent and everything should be resolved thru DM.

3) Bunch of unanswered questions with a story that doesn’t match up.

4) you claim that he addressed this on instagram. Any proof? I don’t see it. :)
Lol I don't think the nature of my relationship with Jase is your, or anybody else's, business for that matter.
Peter and I have already explained the situation in detail to a relevant extent, not sure what else there is to explain. Also not sure how our "stories don't match up" or what part is difficult to grasp?
You ask why Jase continued posting when they were behind? Maybe because it was his job? Why aren't you questioning the owner on this? Isn't it his responsibility to make sure his business is running smoothly?

As for a resolution, I don't think it's Peter's or Jase's responsibility to resolve anything that happened with another company owned by a completely different individual.
But despite all this they're still offering to help people out and you all are giving the kid a hard time on here.
Perhaps you all should be going after the owner of BLC instead, since he's the one who poorly managed his business and took all your money and dipped.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As was stated previously, the staff is attempting to allow this thread to remain open due to the reach and importance of this issue to the community. However, we do ask that posts be kept within our terms of service.

Reef2Reef was founded on the foundational principle of the Golden Rule. We ask that this thread be brought back in line with our community's values and that personal attacks, insults, etc. be kept out of the thread.

You may address facts and keep comments/questions to what is relevant about the issue in discussion. If we see that this cannot happen, the thread will be closed. Thank you.

DanielAleman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you have read previously @Peterbonin4 asked that anyone that had issues the Black Label Corals should reach out to him personally and I did just that. I mentioned to him the issues I had and that Black Label Corals owed me a good amount of money as I bought fish from them during their sale in December that never arrived nor was my refund given. He stated that he would send the amount of money I spent in corals to me for free. I made a chart and send it to him. A few days later the corals showed up at my door. I am happy with the quality of what was sent.

I can say that @Peterbonin4 did what he said he would do for me.

I will post pictures of them in the next few days once they are opened up and looking good. In the meantime, here is the package/corals and Larry my munchkin cat.
Hi I also placed an order and honestly was a very good experience with the communication back and forth . I even had a DOA and it was replaced no problem but I did place another small order so it could be sent. The corals were in good shape and everything. Only thing I’m left with is really in the color of the coral . I got a couple hammers an octo spawn and a red Goni. Out of those I say the only one that is looking like the pics is the Goni the rest are literally nothing like the photos. Maybe I’m rushing it and they’ll color up but I don’t know I have other hammers that were bright and beautiful from day one

OP
OP
Jaag

Jaag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi I also placed an order and honestly was a very good experience with the communication back and forth . I even had a DOA and it was replaced no problem but I did place another small order so it could be sent. The corals were in good shape and everything. Only thing I’m left with is really in the color of the coral . I got a couple hammers an octo spawn and a red Goni. Out of those I say the only one that is looking like the pics is the Goni the rest are literally nothing like the photos. Maybe I’m rushing it and they’ll color up but I don’t know I have other hammers that were bright and beautiful from day one
I do agree the colors are not super close to the pics online but grateful what they did for me in replacing my order. Hopefully I can get them to color up to the online pictures.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may address facts and keep comments/questions to what is relevant about the issue in discussion. If we see that this cannot happen, the thread will be closed. Thank you.
I'd like to point out to everyone that it wouldn't be beneficial for the consumer to have this thread closed. Definitely would be cool if everyone was civilized.

Daniel, I hope that you'd be able to deferential from those actively breaking the rules to force the thread to be closed.

I do agree that those that are saying they're setting the record straight are being vague for a reason.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd like to point out to everyone that it wouldn't be beneficial for the consumer to have this thread closed. Definitely would be cool if everyone was civilized.

Daniel, I hope that you'd be able to deferential from those actively breaking the rules to force the thread to be closed.

I do agree that those that are saying they're setting the record straight are being vague for a reason.
Agreed. We completely agree that it's in the best interest of the community to keep it open, and we're planning to keep it that way. We just need everyone to help us by keeping posts within our TOS guidelines.

br116

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a reading this was, by accident. I bought 5 torches from Frag Plug last week of January and everything was/is fine. A littler smaller than I expected and longer to deliver, but other that, ok.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back