Is The Frag Plug just Black Label Corals in Disguise?

Jaag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Today, I got an email from The Frag Plug about their grand opening. I have a feeling it is the same dude that was running Black Label Corals. Any thoughts?

As a lot of you know Black Label Corals recently shut down. I personally had a few orders through their holiday sales that they cancelled and stated they refunded but have not yet received a refund. I am going to give them a few more days and do a credit card dispute if I am not refunded.

I will say, I did receive one order from them some time ago and was not disappointed with what I bought. I just now wish they would have shipped what I bought previously.

IMG_3870.png IMG_3869.png

Cpc83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
0   1   1
I know it is Jase running new place I have over 300$ in order never shipped and no refund in 3-5 business days plus an order that all showed up doa

OP
OP
Jaag

Jaag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know it is Jase running new place I have over 300$ in order never shipped and no refund in 3-5 business days plus an order that all showed up doa
So you think The Frag Plug is the same place then?

I am in the same boat as you but not too worried as I’ll do a CC charge back with all my emails and what not stating it is supposed to be refunded.

I am curious if anyone has been refunded yet from him.

yanetterer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the same email. Never fond of ending up on a mailing list I didn't sign up for. I thought the pictures certainly have the same look to them as Black Label Corals (NOT Black Label Aquatics). The address is different, but the contact info has the same "Coming Soon" contact info that the BL Corals site had.

There is also a recent vendor feedback here, claiming that Reef_Jase is starting a new company. Looks like that new company is The Frag Plug.

OP
OP
Jaag

Jaag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree about the pictures. Look very similar. Think we will get refunded?

Cpc83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
0   1   1
I will say I just messaged Jase and ask him about a previous order from BLC and it being doa and another order that didn't ship he stated even though it was not his doing he will send corals from new place to make this right and that his whole model is based on getting better customer support that was lacking at blc

OP
OP
Jaag

Jaag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will say I just messaged Jase and ask him about a previous order from BLC and it being doa and another order that didn't ship he stated even though it was not his doing he will send corals from new place to make this right and that his whole model is based on getting better customer support that was lacking at blc

Do you mind sharing the email because every time I have emailed Black Label, they don’t get back to me. I’d rather they just refund me than going through my credit card.

Cpc83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
0   1   1
Do you mind sharing the email because every time I have emailed Black Label, they don’t get back to me. I’d rather they just refund me than going through my credit card.
It wasn't an email it was in my private message on insta I will share but blocking out my private info

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240111_235745_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240111_235745_Instagram.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 118
OP
OP
Jaag

Jaag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It wasn't an email it was in my private message on insta I will share but blocking out my private info
Well he better because you bought from him.

I think I’ll have to message him on Instagram.

qualitymanager876

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today, I got an email from The Frag Plug about their grand opening. I have a feeling it is the same dude that was running Black Label Corals. Any thoughts?

As a lot of you know Black Label Corals recently shut down. I personally had a few orders through their holiday sales that they cancelled and stated they refunded but have not yet received a refund. I am going to give them a few more days and do a credit card dispute if I am not refunded.

I will say, I did receive one order from them some time ago and was not disappointed with what I bought. I just now wish they would have shipped what I bought previously.

Yes it is the same guy reef_jase from Instagram. Closed down BLC and opened The Frag Plug after he took everyone's money including my $300. He deletes all negative comments on his Instagram as well to make his page look clean. He works out of a warehouse in Norwalk CA but uses different billing addresses such as Costa Mesa and now Newport Beach.

OP
OP
Jaag

Jaag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes it is the same guy reef_jase from Instagram. Closed down BLC and opened The Frag Plug after he took everyone's money including my $300. He deletes all negative comments on his Instagram as well to make his page look clean. He works out of a warehouse in Norwalk CA but uses different billing addresses such as Costa Mesa and now Newport Beach.
So you think we are all SOL in regards to refunds?

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No clue as to the question asked but for those waiting on any refunds for any reason. Open a dispute. Worse case. Funds returned then just as easily close the dispute but these dispute usually have 45 to 120 day or so window.

Peterbonin4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi everyone on this thread like you I had a poor experience with black label corals. not getting back to me and pushing off my shipping times and just over all terrible customer service. The previous owner did not care about customer service at all. The Frag Plug is going to be completely different from the previous owner and brand. I am the new owner of The Frag Plug and would love to restart relationships with you all. The reason I want to start something new is because I liked the prices of BLC like everybody but it felt like a alibi baba of coral sellers the product was good but the delivery and shipping was terrible and the wait times were the same multiple weeks and no responses. The Frag plug will be different it will be affordable and have amazing service. I am so sorry about your past experiences but going forward you will be in good hands. Here is my personal instagram where I would love to help any one and everyone out! Please reach out and I can help you guys out! Thanks - The Frag Plug
Instagram - peter_bonin4

qualitymanager876

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The BS email that went out when he decided to close shop with BLC, stating a refund would be issued with in 3-5 days is BS. I filed a dispute with my credit card company but it will take until mid March to get officially cleared. This guy reef_jase from Instagram, that deletes all of his negative comments on his Instagram to make his profile look legit. He took my $300 from the BS Christmas sale and now opened The Frag Plug. He's even using the same coral pictures, shipping and refund policy page. He works this scam business out of a locked store front in Norwalk CA. I've personally seen him there when he did give me my first order after knocking on the door for 20 minutes and ive seen his picture posted on his story on Instagram, which the picture has been taken down. He claims not to be the same guy or related to BLC. But his Instagram was the one with the BLC link for his business.

yanetterer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like a previous thread has been deleted after Black Label Corals was removed as a sponsor here. Prior to The Frag Plug and BL Corals it was Two Guys Corals, 2 Guys Corals, 2GC, TGC, whatever you want to call them.

You can see here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/hey-guys-2gc-tgc-corals-here.914374/page-5

Initial post includes the Reef_Jase IG handle, later on someone denies he is associated with BL Corals, even though their IG was nothing but marketing for BL Corals. It looks like this is becoming an annual thing. Maybe third time is a charm, but it looks more like they are using a strategy of rip-off, rinse, and repeat.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back