Is The Frag Plug just Black Label Corals in Disguise?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a welcome thread where you introduce yourself, offer to make things right and all of that? Chargebacks are legit and can damage your ability to take credit in the future. In this thread, people could comment on how you filled their backorders and stuff, if it all works out.

Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 5.45.38 PM.png

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do advise people to do a CC charge back to BLC and get your money back!! Also reach out to me and I can help with any orders you guys had

Ya I do haha. Okay so recently as all of you know BLC shut down and Jase made an announcement that he has switch companies to the frag plug. I placed a large order with Blc and as all of you I got the same response from BLC nothing.. So I have know Jase for a while and asked if I could drive up to get my coral. I liked BLC for their pricing probably like everyone but their costumer service was terrible because it was only Jase. I have recently bought the assets and started The Frag Plug with Jase and our goal is to bring coral at a similar price but with costumer service 100x as well as shipping!! Our main goal is happy customers. That's why I hoped onto R2R to try and help you guys with steps on what to do in order to get your money back as well as get your orders if you would like

So you recommend doing a charge back for Jase's previous sales, then go on to share how he also screwed you, but you know him so we're able to go get your coral and now you are starting a new business with him...Make it make sense.

I'd recommend everyone avoiding this group of characters and anyone else associated with them. There always seems to be some new story about how things are better now before they take a bunch of orders and ghost people again. If this new guy that popped up is serious about his business, he would not partner with a guy who is known for scamming people.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've made up my mind I'm going go order a single coral the cheapest one they have and see if my other corals arrive with it if not I'm emailing cali attorney general
You can provide hard evidence to the police, the FBI, the AG, Insta, BBB, Chamber of Commerce, PayPal, his mother and the Pope. Nobody cares or can do anything. He knows it and will continue the scam until he finds something better to do.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can hurt them with local city, county and state taxing authorities. They want their sales tax and can be bulldogs. A friend of mind turned in a basement guy with a machine shop who screwed him and he ended up owing $20k on sales and stuff and got fines for not getting licenses. If they got a tax permit and paid their sales taxes, then nothing will happen, but legit businesses who do things the right way do not usually screw their customers.

Otherwise, small claims, but this juice is not likely worth the squeeze.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can hurt them with local city, county and state taxing authorities. They want their sales tax and can be bulldogs.
10-15 years ago, yes. Not now. They don't have a mechanism to deal with people like this and it costs them more trouble than it is worth. I have gone to battle with several. Worse, they way most things are structured now, you can't even find somebody to report crap like this to. Local govt will direct you to the police, the police to local govt or tell you to contact your bank or credit card. You just go in circles. It is a 100% waste of time. They just close shop and popup under a new name a week later or two towns over.

People like this are a scourge, but you can't shame them either, they don't care.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys I would love to answer any of your guys issues if you would message me privately
Peter_bonin4
Why in private? What is wrong with out here in the fresh air?

Let me know if I am missing something.

You were a customer.
You had a bad experience.
You think the previous owner did a poor job.
As a result you decided to buy the business.
Moreover, you and the previous owner are now partners.
You are asking people that were scammed by your partner to petition for charge backs.

So what did you buy? The customer list? The Inventory? How does one buy a business, partner with the guy he bought the business from and not incur any of the debt from the prior business. Care to share the business license, articles of incorporation or business charter and document showing transfer of ownership without transfer of liability?

I think you are full of more crap than goose farm.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not suggesting that they care about anybody who did not get corals. They want their sales tax. Don't know why the tax and fee places in most states would send these things to the Police.

If you have a bill of sale, address and name, it might be worth a few seconds to fill out the form. The dude in Colorado was not able to get out of this by closing his business.

In Cali, this is the agency. There is a place to file a complaint. You won't get your money back, but you might help the next person not to get screwed:

Edit: For some reason I have Cali in my head. If this place is somewhere else, then my apologies for the link.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not suggesting that they care about anybody who did not get corals. They want their sales tax. Don't know why the tax and fee places in most states would send these things to the Police.
Because of incompetence. Nobody knows what to do with anything like this anymore. Schmoes like this don't even show up on the radar. How can they get taxes from him if he ignores their requests or even court summons. People like this game the system with amazing and brazen dexterity. Will it catch up to them sometime? Maybe, but for most, not likely. They know it and that is the calculated gamble they take. It is whack-a-mole.

I used to make a game of going after this crap, but it is a fools errand for $300 or $3000 bucks.

There is a Russian owned Electronics company in New York. They sell "factory refurbished" TVs and electronics and "Warranties" nationwide through dozens of online storefronts. They own the storefronts and the warranty companies. The tvs are not refurbs, they are returns, many defective that they purchase by the container loads. The warranties are 100% scams and they give you the runaround about the not being filled out correctly by the seller (they are the seller). Millions of dollars a year in scams. The NY State AGs office has prosecuted them a dozen times and has a file 5 feet thick on them. They family just sunsets the business that gets sued and reopens new stores days later in a different family members name . NY 100% gave up, and this is millions a year on sales. It is a wild goose chase that never ends. You can call the NY consumer advocacy group and they will record your complaint, kindly tell you good luck and place it on the 5' thick stack of other complains. I know this first hand from a prior experience and interaction with said agency.

If you have a bill of sale, address and name, it might be worth a few seconds to fill out the form. The dude in Colorado was not able to get out of this by closing his business.

In Cali, this is the agency. There is a place to file a complaint. You won't get your money back, but you might help the next person not to get screwed:
FWIW - I am not trying to argue with you. I wish reality were different and people like this were taken down. The fact that they have been doing this for years is a testament to that fact there is just so little likelihood of getting traction anymore. Even PayPal and Shopify don't have a means to report and ban these folks, let alone get them banned. They just open up new accounts, but usually don't even have to do that.

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today, I got an email from The Frag Plug about their grand opening. I have a feeling it is the same dude that was running Black Label Corals. Any thoughts?

As a lot of you know Black Label Corals recently shut down. I personally had a few orders through their holiday sales that they cancelled and stated they refunded but have not yet received a refund. I am going to give them a few more days and do a credit card dispute if I am not refunded.

I will say, I did receive one order from them some time ago and was not disappointed with what I bought. I just now wish they would have shipped what I bought previously.

IMG_3870.png IMG_3869.png
I got one of those as well, pretty irritating as I didn’t sign up for it.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that Cali take a lot of undue crap for having the gall to not want workers messing with asbestos, toxic fumes and all of that, but they have a real agency just for this. They are ahead of most other states in many ways.

I helped a friend sell some stuff at a local craft fair when he could not. I applied for a sales tax license, paid the tax for the event and I got letter for a few years asking why I have not paid more. They eventually got it, but they were aggressive over a few hundred dollars. I am very confident that Colorado would be all over this.

I got a collections bill from Cali highway for 20 cents with a $75 evasions fine. I disputed that I was not evading since the highway patrol sent everybody down the toll lane from an accident. They dropped the evasion penalty but they still wanted their twenty cents.

It says on the website that they investigate every case. My guess is that Cali will take this seriously.

Peterbonin4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you are guys are flipping out about an assumption. I am trying to do right and help you guys out The Frag Plug is legit and is willing to work with you guys please reach out so I can help you guys!

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you are guys are flipping out about an assumption. I am trying to do right and help you guys out The Frag Plug is legit and is willing to work with you guys please reach out so I can help you guys!
thank you

I am not looking for help, and I don't think JDA is either. But I (we) are trying to help look out for others. You may be legit, but your story does not add up and given the track record of your "partner" - I would not be a customer one way or the other.

If you are legit, I do hope you work to make whole the customers that your partner left hanging. If that is the case, then I expect to see revelations here to that effect.

Best of luck.

Peterbonin4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not looking for help, and I don't think JDA is either. But I (we) are trying to help look out for others. You may be legit, but your story does not add up and given the track record of your "partner" - I would not be a customer one way or the other.

If you are legit, I do hope you work to make whole the customers that your partner left hanging. If that is the case, then I expect to see revelations here to that effect.

Best of luck.
I have been trying and a couple people have accepted my offer and are very happy and I would love to help you out!
Thanks

Homewrecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is such a shame. I used to order with Jason when he worked for reef lounge. At the beginning it was pretty nice I don’t know what happened and I don’t know what changed but seeing all this negative feedback is sad but also eye opening bc it could have been me

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been trying and a couple people have accepted my offer and are very happy and I would love to help you out!
Thanks
I will wait for them to post here.

Until then, from where I sit your story is incongruent and you have ignored most of the well founded concerns and avoided directly answering many simple questions In favor of simply snagging whatever low hanging fruit you can while here.

So you are going to fill all of the undelivered orders from the prior business?

Peterbonin4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will wait for them to post here.

Until then, from where I sit your story is incongruent and you have ignored most of the well founded concerns and avoided directly answering many simple questions In favor of simply snagging whatever low hanging fruit you can while here.

So you are going to fill all of the undelivered orders from the prior business?
ill have them post! I executed everyone to be very questionable because of what happen but I am promising you guys this is different
I will have them post on this feed!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 49.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 55 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%

Back