Is The Frag Plug just Black Label Corals in Disguise?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at all of your replies and here is my answers. That is what I am trying to do but the owner of BLC is not gonna give anyone their money back so I am trying to resolve a issue that wasn't my problem but the owner screwed me and you guys so that is why I am telling you guys to charge back so you can get your money back!!
Let's just set aside the "charge back" issue for a moment. I assume since Jase was the only one working at BLC,
I liked BLC for their pricing probably like everyone but their costumer service was terrible because it was only Jase.
that he has knowledge of all the BLC paid orders that weren't sent out. Why don't you and he put your heads together and, based on the "assets" you acquired, put together some alternate package options, contact each buyer directly, and offer to send them these other coral? Why should they have to contact you on insta?

I mean can you imagine the good press you would have received if you had proactively done that? People here would have blown up the forum singing your praises!

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess liable probably isn't the right word, but I'm not a lawyer, sounds like you can still sue a company that has filed bankruptcy but there are some caveats? Interesting.
You can sue, but the court decides the order in which the claims are paid, and if the money runs out before they get to you, you're s.o.l.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly what I said in post #80!
And or shouldn't the money from the sell of the "assets" have been used to refund the customers?
How convenient that only the sold tanks crashed and you bought the not sold tanks. Sounds like a load of shizznit.
I think all of you will agree that I have been rather critical.

The problem is that we don't know who the previous owner was or how reef_jase fits in then or now. As I eluded to above there is a world if difference between buying a business and liability and buying somebodies assets. We don't know how these companies were legally structured or how the "sale" was conducted.

If Peter is being honest and simply purchased the inventory out and Jase was not the owner, then Peter has no obligation to the prior owner's customers. Trying to make them whole is a nice thing to do, and goes a long way to building back trust, but not an obligation.

As far as what lived and what died, who knows, but if the prior owner sold the stock to somebody else and shafted the people that he owed coral to, that is between them and him.

If reef_jase was the onwer and is still involved, that changes things.

So, as frustrating, angering or emotional as these things can be, we don't have all of the facts and therefore can't really say if Peter is on the hook for any, all or none of this mess. I guess time will tell.

Peter, that is why I have suggested 3 times that you lay this whole thing out from zero to now with detail about who owned what and worked for who. You continuing to post happy thoughts is not going to stop people from gathering the pitch forks and torches and guessing about who owes who and who screwed who.

I am going to see my way out of this thread, it has no impact on me one way or the other. If you are telling the truth, I wish you the best. If not, then I am certain things will eventually catch up to you. The world works better with honest people, so I hope you are one.

Last edited:

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

The problem is that we don't know who the previous owner was or how reef_jase fits in then or now. As I eluded to above there is a world if difference between buying a business and liability and buying somebodies assets. We don't know how these companies were legally structured or how the "sale" was conducted.

If Peter is being honest and simply purchased the inventory out and Jase was not the owner, then Peter has no obligation to the prior owner's customers. Trying to make them whole is a nice thing to do, and goes a long way to building back trust, but not an obligation.

As far as what lived and what died, who knows, but if the prior owner sold the stock to somebody else and shafted the people that he owed coral too, that is between them and him.

So, as frustrating, angering or emotional as these things can be, we don't have all of the facts and therefore can't really say if Peter is on the hook for any, all or none of this mess. I guess time will tell.

Peter, that is why I have suggested 3 times that you lay this whole thing out from zero to now with detail about who owned what and worked for who. You continuing to post happy thoughts is not going to stop people from gathering the pitch forks and torches and guessing about who owes who and who screwed who.

I am going to see my way out of this thread, it has no impact on me one way or the other. If you are telling the truth, I wish you the best. If not, then I am certain things will eventually catch up to you. The world works better with honest people, so I hope you are one.
I have seen quite a few scammers take this approach and communicate things like “I promise it’s not the same” and “pm me and we will talk”. Also promising other people will vouch for them. The fact of the matter is this is raising every single scam red flag and this guy will argue till we are all blue in the face his innocence and it’s not like the other time but at the end of day, the second he receives someone’s money or a few people’s money he will give you the run around and excuses why your order hasn’t shipped and then eventually ghost you or tell you tough nuts… dispute it with your credit card company. I have no skin in this game but this entire thread reeks of a SCAM

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This all the same person imo. Peter, Jase, Jason, mystery BLC owner person. There is nothing new, no "assets" no system crashes, no new business license, it's all nonsense.

This is why I only buy corals from local people I can meet and interact with. Or from a well known, and community respected online vendor. Hopefully others will do the same, and ignore this scammer.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,

We believe this is a very important discussion going on here and while we normally don’t allow threads of this nature to continue, we feel that it’s in the best interest of our members to be left open for now.

But please follow the TOS when responding in this thread. Keep to the facts, avoid speculation, name calling or bullying etc.

Thank you.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is that we don't know who the previous owner was or how reef_jase fits in then or now.

I have recently bought the assets and started The Frag Plug with Jase and our goal...

He stated that he partnered with Jase in this new venture, not simply bought the assets.

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So...charge back the orders for a refund from the credit card company. Then..you'll get them their orders at a heavily discounted price?

I've got no skin in this game but I'm just trying to make sure I understand this correctly.
As I’m reading this thread, that’s exactly what I’m thinking as well. This is all bs.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He stated that he partnered with Jase in this new venture, not simply bought the assets.
But we don't really know who Jase is... He also said that the "owner" had no money and therefore "jase" or "jason" couldn't pay people back. Hi statements have not been clear.

The whole thing is a dumpster fire and if "Peter" wants to straighten it out, he can do so by explaining the whole thing and who he and each person are. He has been asked several times and has pretty much avoided doing so.

I have looked up the prior entities and their incorporation documents. I don't see anything for the new entity yet. There has def been changes in ownership - but that still does not match company officers to screen names, etc.

As I said, I really have no skin in this. If this guy wants to be taken as legit, then the ball is in his court.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you are right the corals would be assets but I only bought half of there inventory because their "sold" tanks crashed and all of the sold corals died so I did not buy the coral that was purchased previously
Pics or it didn’t happen!

MoparMike97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never bought anything from these people (person?) but this whole situation reeks of scam to me.

Most scammers follow a pattern:

1) Establish and expand a customer base with legitimate sales
2) Scam a bunch of people and cash out
3) Dissappear for a bit while the dust settles
4) Rebrand and start from scratch and/or give a bunch of BS excuses while attempting to reestablish some credibility

And the cycle repeats every few years.

I used to keep and breed Tarantulas, there was a guy Travis who'd pop up and do this exact thing. It would always start with him appearing under a new username and making some BS heartfelt apology post, usually citing some "medical emergency" as an excuse as to why he vanished while owing people hundreds/thousands in unsent spiders. He'd spew a bunch of apologies, make things right with a couple people and have a few successful transactions, then scam a bunch of people and disappear again. All the guys who had been around for a while knew he was full of it and to stay far away, unfortunately the newer hobbyists would fall right into the trap.

Sure sounds almost identical to what's happening here.

KevinC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

As far as what lived and what died, who knows, but if the prior owner sold the stock to somebody else and shafted the people that he owed coral too, that is between them and him.

Let me just point it out again.

Not ONCE. Did reef_jase, the past “employee” for TGC, Black label, and now frag plug been on here and actually came to the front to said anything something happened. Its always a new boss cleaning his butt for him on r2r.

There’s is no way he is just a simple “employee” having gone thru 3 business now, and being the one who actively post on instagram of coral sales.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me just point it out again.

Not ONCE. Did reef_jase, the past “employee” for TGC, Black label, and now frag plug been on here and actually came to the front to said anything something happened. Its always a new boss cleaning his butt for him on r2r.

There’s is no way he is just a simple “employee” having gone thru 3 business now, and being the one who actively post on instagram of coral sales.
TGC and BLC were to different California Entities with two wholly different sets of names on their organization documents. Nobody knows who any of these folks are or what their screen names are or were or if they were shared, etc. We don't know who passed or sold these business to who.

I hate to see people get ripped off, and likewise I hate to see mob mentality take somebody out who stepped into a mess bigger than they understood.

It is a dumpster fire and "peter" can clear it up or not. At this juncture he has avoided answering the actual questions that would paint a clear picture. That does not bode well.

fangelillo01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without repeating everything everyone has said about the negative transactions (including myself), as a businessman in this age I rely heavy on positive online presence. If you truly want this to succeed I feel as though the only way to accomplish this and earn trust from all of us and Google for that matter is to replace orders that never got refunded with new stock that you took over. I'm assuming in your business plan as a takeover or buyout of a liquidated company you didn't have spare funds on hand for things like this and due diligence would have had you just google your partners name..before buying??..Just my opinion here.

Amphibious Wallet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without repeating everything everyone has said about the negative transactions (including myself), as a businessman in this age I rely heavy on positive online presence. If you truly want this to succeed I feel as though the only way to accomplish this and earn trust from all of us and Google for that matter is to replace orders that never got refunded with new stock that you took over. I'm assuming in your business plan as a takeover or buyout of a liquidated company you didn't have spare funds on hand for things like this and due diligence would have had you just google your partners name..before buying??..Just my opinion here.
For the answers you sorely seek, all one must do is send a PM.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the answers you sorely seek, all one must do is send a PM.
I think the whole purpose was to be open about it. When someone wants to take it private suggests that there's something nefarious a foot.

To eliminate all doubt, it seems the overwhelming consensus is to post it in a place for all to see.

I'm not sure if this guy realizes he's caught before he got started, or that he's legitimately ignorant to all of it, or somewhere in between. But he better start convincing people if he wants the business to go anywhere.

WonkyWapiti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was about to ask if anyone knew what state these companies were operating out of and it appears @BeanAnimal posted TGC and BLC operated out of California a few posts up. Is The Frag Plug out of California too? I might have missed it listed elsewhere in this thread, but I did a google search and found The Frag Plug on Facebook with what appeared to be the last activity as of June 2021. The Facebook account shows a link of Thefragplug.net for a website which does not appear to be valid anymore. @Peterbonin4 is this your Facebook account for your business or something totally unrelated?

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was about to ask if anyone knew what state these companies were operating out of and it appears @BeanAnimal posted TGC and BLC operated out of California a few posts up. Is The Frag Plug out of California too? I might have missed it listed elsewhere in this thread, but I did a google search and found The Frag Plug on Facebook with what appeared to be the last activity as of June 2021. The Facebook account shows a link of Thefragplug.net for a website which does not appear to be valid anymore. @Peterbonin4 is this your Facebook account for your business or something totally unrelated?
the .net domain is somebody else's likely. He is listed at a .co domain

Be careful not to roll unrelated entities up in this dumpster fire.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back