Is there a Pygmy clownfish?

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A small tank really limits growth and what you can stock. I’m sure at some point it gets frustrating and you’re forced to empty your pockets on something bigger.
Oh I know that road... I’ve been thinking of selling my car for a OneWheel and using the remainder on a 180g dream tank build!;Hilarious

Lol,jk. But I do want a 180 in the near future!

OP
OP
Zan's Aquatica

Zan's Aquatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A small tank really limits growth and what you can stock. I’m sure at some point it gets frustrating and you’re forced to empty your pockets on something bigger.

exactly, i just downgraded due to living circumstance and decided to do a coral only tank then ended up with these fish.. then became curious about having a clown to enjoy all of my nems. I've pretty much decided against it at this point... hope i can upgrade soon

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I know that road... I’ve been thinking of selling my car for a OneWheel and using the remainder on a 180g dream tank build!;Hilarious

Lol,jk. But I do want a 180 in the near future!
When I move back to the states, I’m doing an in wall with a fish room.

OP
OP
Zan's Aquatica

Zan's Aquatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a pic of your tank and the nem? I’m curious now.
oh gosh! this was when i was a kid, 8 years ago! ... i do have some super old school photos i can dig up, it was a 30 gallon eclipse system and the clowns just stayed in the top right corner of the tank for all 3 years i had it, the nem loved the spot so they lived there...

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sell us the perfect reef house with lots of peninsula walls and hidden sump rooms!
There is so many here in Silicon Valley with so much reef potential! People don’t know what they are missing out on!

OP
OP
Zan's Aquatica

Zan's Aquatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some shots of my too tiny set up! since we are all hanging out :)
2654C758-78EF-41B7-807B-85C3911EF0F7.jpeg
4FD56837-AB9B-4685-A1D1-0A6BF72782E7.jpeg
BD8A5EA0-39E3-4866-9468-C51C36E024E9.jpeg
E376F3C5-5179-4E94-9D90-F416E87AD00D.jpeg

OP
OP
Zan's Aquatica

Zan's Aquatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you buy the BTA that big or did it grow?

i actually had 2 that size and just gave one to my buddy! they were about 5" when i got them an maybe 7-8" now? I feed them a whole shrimp every few days. At first i wanted to get them to split and i thought feeding would do that but it just made them turn into monsters lol! but i enjoy making sure all of my creatures are well fed and happy so i will continue to grow my beast!

in the first photo he was behind the rockwork and moved to the front yesterday!

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your tank. Generally smaller tanks tend to not have a good look to them, but you broke mold. I set up my nano at the end of last year I hate looking at it so much. I haven’t put much time and effort in to it. I gotta up my game!

OP
OP
Zan's Aquatica

Zan's Aquatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your tank. Generally smaller tanks tend to not have a good look to them, but you broke mold. I set up my nano at the end of last year I hate looking at it so much. I haven’t put much time and effort in to it. I gotta up my game!

my focus was to create a lot of swimming space for a smaller tank after i got the two fish! so its just caves upon caves and they weave in and out, lots of hiding spots because they are both very shy... i just let their personalities guide me! I am also a concept artist working in entertainment so i have an eye for environment design! show us what you got? maybe we can help you love your tank! it's certainly possible !

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my focus was to create a lot of swimming space for a smaller tank after i got the two fish! so its just caves upon caves and they weave in and out, lots of hiding spots because they are both very shy... i just let their personalities guide me! I am also a concept artist working in entertainment so i have an eye for environment design! show us what you got? maybe we can help you love your tank! it's certainly possible !
This is my 21g. I’m still pondering what to do with it. Half live rock, half man made. I dumped a few corals from my display tank here because they weren’t doing well. Also put a RBTA split here because it was walking around my other tank. It’s around 3 months old and diatoms are slowly disappearing. Any ideas of what to do? I really neglect this tank and let my son do the feedings. To be honest, I don’t even check parameters. I guess if I can get it going and have some momentum, I’ll probably look after it more closely.
DCDDDA31-F96E-435B-8663-A53D9E618A85.jpeg

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or add a dwarf lion fish. Damsel problem taken care of, and dwarf lions are much easier to catch than damsels. ;)
I believe she’s babysitting the damsel. Might have to do that old when-a-goldfish-dies-get-a-new-one trick for your 4 year old.

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow such hatred for a clown in a 10g I’m shocked. Many breeders have pairs in 10g tanks and they do extremely well.

But it is 100% your choice of what to do with the tank. Good luck and have fun!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.7%
Back