• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Is there a way to have Northern California & Southern California tags?

Do we need NorCal & SoCal tags?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think that’s necessary at all. Easy just to say “location ?” or click on the sellers profile and see if it list where they are

Smilet98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be nice, because it could be 2 hours away or 8. I’m in Sacramento and every time I see a post for something I like I pretty much assume it’s so-cal at this point.
Vise-versa for me, seems like all the good stuff is by the Bay Area

CollectOyster04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to post these things in the correct areas ? Then we can worry about where it's being sold from. Nothing worse than trying to shop for stuff anywhere in the country and find posts not related to actual items being sold, lol. Must be a west coast thing.

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It'd be easiest for separate N,E,S,W tags everyone can add to their state tag. Not just one special one;)
Oh come on! we are CALIFORNIA, we are the special one. I would like an N or S for us.

OP
OP
S

susan ingram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to post these things in the correct areas ? Then we can worry about where it's being sold from. Nothing worse than trying to shop for stuff anywhere in the country and find posts not related to actual items being sold, lol. Must be a west coast thing.
And can I ask where that would have been?
lol you live in a state that you can drive through in 3 hours tops.. it’s a poll. You took your time to click on it so it was either a) of interest to you or b) you wanted to be negative. Based on the amount you post here, I will venture to guess it was option b.

CollectOyster04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good job with your geography ! I'll give you California is a bigger state than most, but it still takes just a bit longer to get through Oklahoma than 3 hours. I was being light-hearted with my quip, hence the "lol". But since you asked, how about anywhere other than the actual for sale pages ? General discussion seems like a more logical choice for a poll. Not sure I've ever seen a poll in the for sale section.
I don't feel a need to quantify or pad my post count with gratuitous posts like "great job", "following", or my favorite "nice !". I'm not trying to be negative in anyway, it just gets exhausting when we're always wanting/needing labels. Obviously, it's not that hard to creep on someone's profile to see where they're located or even ask where they're at. Even you're able to do it, LOL.
I apologize to everyone else for cluttering up this conversation, but it's a trigger for me (surely a sociology professor understands) finding a post like this in the actual for sale section instead of a general discussion. It's almost as bad as a new member pulling up an old sale thread from 3 years ago asking if it's still for sale (another trigger).
I've said my piece, and since I do not live in California (thank God), I will leave all of you to it. To everyone else, again I apologize if my original post was perceived as being negative.

OP
OP
S

susan ingram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good job with your geography ! I'll give you California is a bigger state than most, but it still takes just a bit longer to get through Oklahoma than 3 hours. I was being light-hearted with my quip, hence the "lol". But since you asked, how about anywhere other than the actual for sale pages ? General discussion seems like a more logical choice for a poll. Not sure I've ever seen a poll in the for sale section.
I don't feel a need to quantify or pad my post count with gratuitous posts like "great job", "following", or my favorite "nice !". I'm not trying to be negative in anyway, it just gets exhausting when we're always wanting/needing labels. Obviously, it's not that hard to creep on someone's profile to see where they're located or even ask where they're at. Even you're able to do it, LOL.
I apologize to everyone else for cluttering up this conversation, but it's a trigger for me (surely a sociology professor understands) finding a post like this in the actual for sale section instead of a general discussion. It's almost as bad as a new member pulling up an old sale thread from 3 years ago asking if it's still for sale (another trigger).
I've said my piece, and since I do not live in California (thank God), I will leave all of you to it. To everyone else, again I apologize if my original post was perceived as being negative.
I totally get that and apologize. Feels like am constantly defending everything these days. And I have been through Oklahoma and it is a beautiful part of the country. I’m originally from Philadelphia so my first drive to LA was eye opening.
Would have been better to post in general discussion area. My apologies for not catching the humor in your OP. Thanks!

logansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New York State is big also,im 7hrs from NYC so let's have a western NY,a southern NY,a upstate NY and a NYC tag also so I dont have to put in any effort or thought when I click on stuff....sounds kinda ridiculous huh......just my .2c where does the madness end,lol

jamie1210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, but then what about the San Diego ppl? Are they considered southern CA, or southern-SOUTHERN CA?? :D

OP
OP
S

susan ingram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This wouldn’t have been posted if folks posted the area they are located in. I live in California hence the discussion being centered on this area.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back