Is there an alternative to the Tunze wavebox?

jsweir

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a solution to get a wavebox in my 310 gallon. The new Tunze is too small and I can't seem to find the 6214 anywhere. Wondering if anyone makes a box I can drop a pump in?

Who me?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a solution to get a wavebox in my 310 gallon. The new Tunze is too small and I can't seem to find the 6214 anywhere. Wondering if anyone makes a box I can drop a pump in?
I've never seen another version similar to the tunze wave box, though there are certainly other ways of creating a wave in your tank...

Jubei2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel ya on the wavebox. I have an old one 6215? Maybe. Used it on my 125 gallon reef when it was up about 10 years ago. Still works, and could tune it to create at least a 1.5 inch standing wave. If tuned enough, I could get water to splash out of the tank. Great product, just hard to hide.

IsaacHunt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in my experience there is no substitute fro a Tunze Wavebox. I have tried Scotch MP10, MP40 and various other pumps none of which produce a wave remotely similar to the Tunze.

have you considered TWO wave boxes working in parallel or Inverse.

last year i bought a new 6214 and found it less effective than its predecessor which i believe is due to the change in dimensions of the wavebox.

I now have 2 6208 placed next to each other working in Parallel and producing a nice wave although it still needs some finetuning

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 85 67.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back