Is there an app to log data?

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I have within an excel spreadsheet if it’s any use to you. I also have a bit for hot tub maintenance at the bottom! Lol

It’s very simple, works from iCloud, and well makes everything clear because time flies by and it’s amazing how long it can be between tasks!

DC1188E8-20E8-4B0E-932C-8D433155B43C.png

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just staryed using Aquarium Note, it seems it is slightly more geared towards freshwater but you can easily customize it for salty too.

I suggest you dont use the "expenses" part of the app, i almost had a heart attack after compiling all my purchases and seeing the total ;Greedy

OP
OP
Dustinba

Dustinba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never run into that with mine, is it synced with your calendar in settings?

25fdd1b55e9bd1bb886451a308df5bd4.jpg
Yeah it’s synced with my phone calendar. I wrote them last night, just waiting to see if they will write me back

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone using Apex Fusion to log their parameters? I've used AquaticLog and it wasn't bad, wondering how Fusion stacks up against some of these...

Never used AquaticLog but I use Fusion. Works well enough and its worth it just to have everything in one place.

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Aquarimate for a good year or so and it’s a pretty helpful app, used it a lot, was great going from paper to mobile early in the hobby....I do use an app called “Pocket Marine” now though, I am the creator so will always be biased but it’s used by lots globally, so like to think it’s very useful for us reef addicts

OP
OP
Dustinba

Dustinba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what my calendar is showing in Aquarimate.
It says it is the 12th, but it thinks it is monday
42557F5F-8ADA-453D-8F2E-3D1280E5534C.png

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what my calendar is showing in Aquarimate.
It says it is the 12th, but it thinks it is monday
42557F5F-8ADA-453D-8F2E-3D1280E5534C.png

So apparently mine does the same thing, I just went based off dates and didn’t look at the day of the week. It shouldn’t affect anything as I use mine for reminders and it always comes up correctly on the right day. I submitted feedback on it so maybe it will get fixed.

IlliniCoastie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what I did:
I filled all the cracks and imperfections on the inside portion of the door to my sump/stand. I bought a whiteboard kit from home depot. Painted it with the kit and now use a red whiteboard marker. I created boxes using pin striping from an auto parts store.

I tried the app, but when I am messing with my tank, my hands are generally wet and I don't want to mess with my phone when my hands are wet.

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That spreadsheet is probably the most useful one I’ve come across, very well made whoever created that....
Completely understand the wet hands issue too, these touch screens barely work with a tiny drop of water on them let alone a wet thumb....

But I do believe these sort of apps are generally used to fill in after performing maintenance with dry hands though, more of a keep everything in one place no matter where you go as we basically live in an era where mobiles are glued to us now days anyway.

We have a few users that have iPads fixed to the front of their tanks in heavy duty cases so essentially doing the same thing as a whiteboard but on a device I guess.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back