is there anywhere to buy used macro lenses

krampy3

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there anywhere to buy used macro lenses for a rebel xt, dont really wanna spend a ton of money, but wanna get those great shots

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could get you one for 450

joelq

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adorama.com and keh.com both have great used sections. I shoot Nikon, so don't really know much about Canon lenses, but one way you can save a bunch of money is by going with an all-manual lens. I don't think autofocus is all that helpful for macrophotography, and any kind of image stability shouldn't be needed as you should be using a tripod.

For example, I shoot my macros with the legendary Nikon Micro 105mm f/4 mounted on my dSLR. I got it for around $200. This lens was manufactured and sold in the 1970s, and still takes great photos. You just have to shoot in all-manual.

luisgo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also use an old Nikon AIS 105mm f2.8 manual macro lens on my Nikon D60 and paid around $200 at ebay used. Those old lenses are excellent quality. No need for AF for macro photography. The only problem is that metering doesn't work and I have to use the LCD display and play with speed and aperture to find the correct exposure.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great suggestions!

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 37 28.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 23.4%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back