Is there enough space for my clowns?

mazza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all I’ve recently placed the rock on the left hand side into my tank to as I thought it would look cool I’m now unsure if it’s enough space for my clowns they haven’t really been down that end of the tank since I place it there just wondering what’s everyone opinion it’s a 52l fluval evo thank you in advance

image.jpg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could even add more rock if you wanted IMO. The one you added now created a somewhat safe place for them. Fish like caves and places to hide. It creates a sleeping / safe area for them.

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Side note, is that tank resting on something? Seems like it's not completely supported. This makes me much more concerned if so.

OP
OP
M

mazza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Side note, is that tank resting on something? Seems like it's not completely supported. This makes me much more concerned if so.
Thanks for the reply and yes I have it placed on a unit with reinforced steel

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply and yes I have it placed on a unit with reinforced steel
That needs to go edge to edge if you can. Otherwise the unsupported weight can eventually wear on the seams.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They tend to find an area they like and pretty much hang around there. For a year and a half mine were hosted by my return nozzle in the upper left corner of my tank. The one day moved into my duncan coral but still just hang out in that small area. They travel out some when food is introduced but they aren’t really open water swimmers.

lmfbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They tend to find an area they like and pretty much hang around there. For a year and a half mine were hosted by my return nozzle in the upper left corner of my tank. The one day moved into my duncan coral but still just hang out in that small area. They travel out some when food is introduced but they aren’t really open water swimmers.
Mine are also hosted by my LHS return nozzle. If only they'd hang out in one of the 3 nems in the tank...

krollins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not that unusual. Clownfish tend to stay in one general area, swimming in the same place. At least you clowfish did not decide the return pump as his home.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are also hosted by my LHS return nozzle. If only they'd hang out in one of the 3 nems in the tank...
Disappointing since I know you got those nems for that reason. Hey it took a year and a half for me. I read on here multiple times where people play a video of clowns in a nem next to the tank to get our little cative bred clowns to get hosted.
48BC1574-EE15-4619-8158-FD506943D41A.jpeg

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What finally worked for me was to put the nem and the clowns in an acclimation box. I put the divider insert in to restrict the space and within 24 hours the Clowns were in the nem.

I waited a year for it to happen naturally with no luck.

lmfbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What finally worked for me was to put the nem and the clowns in an acclimation box. I put the divider insert in to restrict the space and within 24 hours the Clowns were in the nem.

I waited a year for it to happen naturally with no luck.
They're so happy with their nozzle though! If I could be bothered trying to pull the nem off his rock, I'd do it, but if they're happy, I'm happy!

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're so happy with their nozzle though! If I could be bothered trying to pull the nem off his rock, I'd do it, but if they're happy, I'm happy!

Yeah, that was the hardest part for me too, getting the Nem out and into the acclimation box was a real pain. I had to bother it regularly with a turkey baster and hope to catch it moving. Definitely takes patience. :)

OP
OP
M

mazza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah mine likes hanging out at the back chamber where the heater is they have gotten use to the new rock
the little fella has been swimming through the arch no fear in him atall

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back