Is there such a thing as a Precision Drip System?

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty much embarrassed that I don't know this... but....

Every drip system I've researched online seems to be pretty much DIY and the drip is gravity fed to a twist nozzle.

You pretty much have to tinker with it to give you 1drop a second. And hope the 1drop per second doesn't get clogged nor slows down

Seems to me a precision drip system needs to force some PSI on the line to a precision nozzle that can be adjusted.

Is there a piece of equipment that can be automated to deliver 1droplet per second until the fluid is used up.

I have ZERO experience with a doser or a precision drip system.

I know I want to deliver exactly 1dropet per second of a fluid I will be using. And have the equipment be consistent for me

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't matter which means you use, you will have to put the time in. If you use a Ecotech Versa or a Kamoer, both are the best in my experience, you will still have to time the single drop p/s to get precision. I am not aware of ANYTHING that will allow your to program it to a single drop per second.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t seen a simplified accurate version of this. I know some of the higher end dosers have the accessibility to control the dispensed flow rate. I would be surprised if those units are capable of slowing down to one drop per second tho. Sounds very doable with some trial and error but costly compared to some airline and plastic valves.

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The medical industry has IV drip units that are pretty easy to control but they also cost $$$. Don't know of anything comparable in a hobby grade.
digital-iv-drip-unit-now-used-in-nhs-hospitals-BTFM6W.jpg

OP
OP
ZoWhat

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can fly a dag gone drone on Mars 34 million miles away.... buy don't have a precision drip piece of equipment other than a jug with a hole punched thru the bottom and a flex tube jammed into the jug with a 10cent twist nozzle to drip through.

Brilliant

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got the Innovation Marine AccuDrip and I think it fits all your criteria. Very easy to whip out and quickly get the right drip rate.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure that masterflex peristaltic pumps can go that low or much lower. I believe they have some rated for. 002ml/min. However they're not cheap.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty much embarrassed that I don't know this... but....

Every drip system I've researched online seems to be pretty much DIY and the drip is gravity fed to a twist nozzle.

You pretty much have to tinker with it to give you 1drop a second. And hope the 1drop per second doesn't get clogged nor slows down

Seems to me a precision drip system needs to force some PSI on the line to a precision nozzle that can be adjusted.

Is there a piece of equipment that can be automated to deliver 1droplet per second until the fluid is used up.

I have ZERO experience with a doser or a precision drip system.

I know I want to deliver exactly 1dropet per second of a fluid I will be using. And have the equipment be consistent for me
Dosing pumps are rated in volume per minute.
1 drop per second is 60 drops per minute which is about 3 ml per minute using 20 drops per ml, the standard conversion.
So any dosing pump that does 3ml per minute accurately may do your job.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can fly a dag gone drone on Mars 34 million miles away.... buy don't have a precision drip piece of equipment other than a jug with a hole punched thru the bottom and a flex tube jammed into the jug with a 10cent twist nozzle to drip through.

Brilliant

Yea, but how much did that drone cost!!!

OP
OP
ZoWhat

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
212324-aptinstruments-drewsdoser2-vac115-dosing-cv2.jpg

I'm looking at this guy.

1.6ml per minute
96ml per hour
2304ml per day = little more than a 2liter of soda for comparison

BIG CONCERN: wondering how long the pump would last If I ran it continuously for 12-16 hours per day????

Thoughts?

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
212324-aptinstruments-drewsdoser2-vac115-dosing-cv2.jpg

I'm looking at this guy.

1.6ml per minute
96ml per hour
2304ml per day = little more than a 2liter of soda for comparison

BIG CONCERN: wondering how long the pump would last If I ran it continuously for 12-16 hours per day????

Thoughts?

It does say intermittent duty, not continuous.
But at your slow rate, it's worth a call to check with brs.
Usually a pump running slow will not be overworked.
Looks like a good choice. The versa would work also, but is more money.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back