Is this a Blasto coral?

kruley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this coral and don't know what it is. When it was happy it had more texture to the darker spots with the bright blue/Green in the middle sections.

Since this picture was taken, I moved it to the sand bed because it wasn't happy. It still isn't. If I can figure out what coral it is then I can research what it needs to be happy.

Thank you!

20180812_175645.jpg

Michael Naegeli

Captainspando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like a blasto but on it's way out unfortunately
Ya think? Man I hope not. I’ve got some blastos and they look a lil deflated sometimes and then boom they get all happy and fat again. Usually when crabs are all up on them. I have a Huge cleanup crew and they are on everything. Haha. I’m hoping it pulls thru. Never know

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya think? Man I hope not. I’ve got some blastos and they look a lil deflated sometimes and then boom they get all happy and fat again. Usually when crabs are all up on them. I have a Huge cleanup crew and they are on everything. Haha. I’m hoping it pulls thru. Never know
Deflated is ok but I see some tissue loss on this one. I've seen coral come back from the dead. Lol

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The closer ups looks like a blastomusa. Mine came back from the dead. My lfs gave me one that was dead and it came back
I've seen it. Our colony withered away one by one. My wife noticed some color left on the skeleton and it was a full colony again in about a year with 10+ heads. Corals are amazing.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 88 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back