Is this a favia or something else?

Savas

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
26
Reaction score
50
Location
New port Richey/Hudson Fl
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, just joined the forum a few days ago but have been a long time reader since I started my first reef tank in February. I started a second tank recently and decided to go all favia, bought 12 frags and everything is going well but this guy pictured doesn't seem to be acting like the rest, always has tentacles/feeders out during the day and doesn't in general resemble the others, if someone could provide any type of info that would be great, thanks in advance!
First pic is the mystery guy, the second is the rest of the favais.
20171129_190417.jpg
20171129_190430.jpg
 
Thanks for the responses. I just fed the tank Monday. I spot feed him directly during the day since he seems to be looking to be fed. This guy tends to close up at night and the others send out a few tentacles/feeders at night. Maybe he is just a odd ball.
 
I've thought that it could be a trumpet coral myself but figured that wasn't likely, but at the end of the day I don't have a clue. Is there anything else I can provide to help with identifying it?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new