Is this a feeding, response or something I should worry about?

Hugo’s_Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 14, 2013
Messages
194
Reaction score
90
Location
orange county
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at my PC rainbow and noticed something out of the ordinary. Have you guys seen this on your coral? Can it just be a feeding response ?
 
Maybe? It kind of looks like a coral putting out sweepers for feeding, but I am not certain that isn't the net of a vermetid gastropod that is imbedded in the coral? If the sweepers/net is all coming out of one hole I wouldn't be surprised to find a vermetid worm tube that the coral encrusted over. I just superglued over one of these worms on a porites frag that had one buried in the middle of the coral.

Sorry, I can't be sure from the video with my eyes. :)
 
Do you dose or feed coral foods?

I use easyreefs SPS and will see something similar on a few of my acros after dosing.
 
I was looking at my PC rainbow and noticed something out of the ordinary. Have you guys seen this on your coral? Can it just be a feeding response ?

Looks like it’s messentarial filaments are out. Like you said it could be a feeding response although based on my observation, my Acros are more likely to emit these filaments on its edges especially when fighting other corals or clearing out algae. They use these filaments for attacking too besides feeding.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new