Is this a good or bad sign?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mrcoffee2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mrcoffee2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2013
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
37
Location
Vermont
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this Favia for 3 months and have never seen it do this (tiny tentacles). Only thing I have changed is I added a new hydor pump to my aquarium 2 days ago.

Favia Tentacles.jpg
Favia Tentacles2.jpg
 
I like to mix up baby brine shrimp with a little coral frenzy a couple times a week. I have not done it in about 5 days. Thinks its time to whip up a brew?
 
Have you added a new coral recently? Its sensing another coral nearby.
 
I did! I added this pink lemonade zoa. Hes about 6 inches away. How can he be upset with a friend named pink lemonade :(

Pink Lemonade.jpg
 
He thinks his territory is being invaded. He's wanting to whoop em.
 
Ya feed them keep em fat and happy and they tend not to go looking for other corals to whoop.
 
Could also be a combination in my opinion, for example when I added my two jaebo wave makers it kicked up a bunch of debris and im sure waste food particles into the water, causing my chalice corals to send out some sweepers, they could also be getting the chemical signature of another coral near by not previously available to them with the new flow pattern and they are going into defense mode, normal for most lps.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new