Is this a good sign

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some context, a few days ago I picked up a platygyra colony go go in my 7 1/2 month old 120 gallon tank, looks good for the most part though I do have some questions for the experts. First, Are these new growth tips?
20230904_134314.jpg
20230904_134314.jpg

They're small bubbles in between the walls on the rim, sometimes they're closed up, will these eventually become new polyps? Also, I'm a little paranoid about these corals after the favia I have started dying, at night it has it's feeders out, though I'm worried it's getting too much or not enough flow. Here's some footage

There is some old die off, as this was a wild colony, and that is covered in cyanno, I'm only asking about the flow as my LFS had it on very low flow and the cyanno is starting to blow off, I don't want to shock it so I turned down the flow abit, you can see the WaveMaker in the video.

Thanks for your help, as I mentioned I'm probably overthinking it but I'd love to hear your thoughts, also here it is at night
20230903_202346.jpg
20230903_202728.jpg

Thanks, let me know your thoughts, don't want this piece to die on me...

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 57 40.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 28.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back