Is this a limpet?

Mistyb421

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received new corals a week ago today. I followed Justin Credable's hydrogen peroxide dip guidelines I found on here and Humble Fish.com. Yes, I know putting them in a QT is also supposed to be done but I had been quarantining a rock flower nem, and the day before the new corals arrived, I woke up to nem soup. So, QT crashed and my corals had already been delayed for an extra day during shipping. So I placed them in my DT on frag racks. I found this little guy hanging out on my filter output this morning. I thought it was a sponge of some kind at first but It has moved around a tiny bit. From front to back and all the way to the bend of the nozzle but has not left the nozzle, yet. The best ID I come up with is that it's a limpet? If it is, is it a good or bad one? Should I just pull it out either way? I have searched and read and searched and read. Still not confident about my ID or what to do. So far, I haven't had any other hitchhikers....That I know of! ;) ;) 75 gallon tank has been running for almost 2 years. Thank you for your help. If I need to add parameters and such I will. Kind of felt this was a little long-winded as is..
hitch hiker 1.jpg
hitch hiker 2.jpg
hitch hiker 8.jpg
hitch hiker 3.jpg
hitch hiker 5.jpg
hitch hiker 6.jpg
hitch hiker 7.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yep, limpet ,good guy ... :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Great reef safe algae often confused with chiton snail

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 157 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back