Is this a monti?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KingAlee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KingAlee

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 11, 2024
Messages
679
Reaction score
486
Location
Mobile
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title states, is this a monti of some sorts? It kind of just appeared on the rock. I got the rock from a local who was shutting down his tank but it was not there when I got it unless I completely missed it!

Sorry for the terrible pics it’s in the back of my tank and that’s as zoomed in as I could get it without super blurriness!

IMG_3435.jpeg IMG_3436.jpeg IMG_3437.jpeg IMG_3434.jpeg
 
As the title states, is this a monti of some sorts? It kind of just appeared on the rock. I got the rock from a local who was shutting down his tank but it was not there when I got it unless I completely missed it!

Sorry for the terrible pics it’s in the back of my tank and that’s as zoomed in as I could get it without super blurriness!

IMG_3435.jpeg IMG_3436.jpeg IMG_3437.jpeg IMG_3434.jpeg
Agree on mystic sunset and encrusting nicely
 
Idk how easy that would be to put on a frag plug. I have never had a monti but can you not just cut off a chunk and glue it to a frag plug. The whole coral looks to be on that rock and probably won't move but again idk never kept or fraged one.
 
How would I go about moving this guy? And possibly putting him on a frag plug.
Your best approach to break the rock , not the Monti which will chip or shatter.
 
How would I go about moving this guy? And possibly putting him on a frag plug.
Moving it? Only way is to bust the rock it's on.

Fragging it is easy once it grows off the rock. It will start to plate off. Then you can just snap a piece off. It grows pretty quickly unlike the regular Monti sunset.
 
How would I go about moving this guy? And possibly putting him on a frag plug.
place a small rock in crack under it,touching it , wait until it grows onto then crack off ,move small rock indeed a fast grower !
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new