Is this a Monti?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hexabonal
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hexabonal

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2018
Messages
113
Reaction score
73
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I live in hong kong, corals here are often sold without names and few traders speak English, I got these 5 little frags for $30 USD. Are they all montiporas? Particularly curious about the green bumpy one.

IMG_20181105_070850.jpg

IMG_20181105_070834.jpg
 
The green one is a montipora, possibly verrucosa in the second pic along with an acropora. The red one resembles stylocoeniella and the green coral to the left in the first pic is also a montipora.
 
Last edited:
Hi everyone. I live in hong kong, corals here are often sold without names and few traders speak English, I got these 5 little frags for $30 USD. Are they all montiporas? Particularly curious about the green bumpy one.

IMG_20181105_070850.jpg

IMG_20181105_070834.jpg
Green is a monti, plating variety
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new