Is this a sea spider?!!

frizzayyyyreef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 12, 2021
Messages
771
Reaction score
289
Location
new york
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this prehistoric thing at first thought it was a apista but then I saw it moving …I’m scared as I read they eat zoa colonies I just got a mushroom colony that I’m 100% sure it came from as I didn’t dip it :/ I’m scared this isn’t the only one in there is there most likely more or do they travel alone ?!?!

E2AD7E77-25F5-42F3-A6FE-7A5B9A20C62D.png
 
this is indeed a zoa eating spider and they are tiny and will literally crawl into the core of a zoa and feed. Just assure using a flashlight it was a lone spider.
 
this is indeed a zoa eating spider and they are tiny and will literally crawl into the core of a zoa and feed. Just assure using a flashlight it was a lone spider.
Ty they usually run in packs you think ?! Lay eggs fast? I can’t find any info I have a bunch of zoas !
 
Ty they usually run in packs you think ?! Lay eggs fast? I can’t find any info I have a bunch of zoas !
Inspect daily especially at night on surfaces of zoa with flashlight
Zia’s shrivel in the dark and any eggs will be at base
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new