Is this a Sebae Anemone?

old salt reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2019
Messages
1,524
Reaction score
1,641
Location
Brookpark,OH
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was at LFS, they called it a Clown Anemone. Sorry for the blurry picture of the column and red foot. Tips of tentacles have purple tips. Foot sticks were ever it is( aquarium it was in,bag on 10 minute ride home,container in pictures).
DSC02875.JPG
DSC02867.JPG
DSC02869.JPG
DSC02873.JPG
DSC02877.JPG
 
After some research, I think it's a Heteractis Aurora or a Heteractis Malu. The tentacles also have purple rings on them, maybe 3 or 4 per tentacle.
 
Last edited:
Won battle #1 with a bleached anemone-I fed it today and it sucked it right in. I left it in the plastic container and propped in in the rocks in my tank, it stayed put over night. I'm leaning towards it being a Malu.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new