Is this a spionid worm?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Biff0rz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
2,400
Reaction score
1,451
Location
Michigan (SE)
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is this a pest? Should I take action?

Still:
PXL_20260227_192441788~2.jpg

Video

 
really hard to tell with the video, but from the look of those little "antennae" I'd guess it's a vermetid snail
 
Yep looks like a coral boring spionid worm
Yea, does appear to be one.

So I've read ivermectin can get rid of them, and I have access to it. It's a new frag and I've not seen any on other corals. Should I just pitch it or try and treat it?
 
It doesn’t have to be a big deal. Just snip out that small area with bone cutters and put a glob of glue there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new