Is this a true Godzilla or just a bubby Yuma

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I won this on Ebay and now I am wondering if it authentic!

From what I have been told it should have a rim of green all the way around the bottom portion which this does not!

I Pulled up a lot of pics that really dont meet that criteria but are still awesome looking, cool shrooms with a lot of value so I wouldnt mind if it turned out like some of these but hard to tell with no pic of mom and still a baby! I am going to attach some other pics that meet criteria and some that dont and maybe some of you guys could tell me if its a good investment!

I could always get the real deal later besides this seller owes me 100 credit and it sold for 225 I won a cool splatter bubble coral too for 75 and then theres 50 shipping!

Pic 1 is the won pic 2 is a local seller also on ebay very similar to what I won which is probably a bubby shrrom.Tthe baby is the tiny one for sale
pic 3 might not meet qualifications but cool as hell!
pic 4 has the green coming up higher then mine
pic 5Is probably what a baby true godzillia should look like
pic 6 Cant see green on sides but must be true since the top bubbles are green
pic 7 meets criteria
pic 8 meets criteria!
pic 9 I am not sure if this meets the criteria but cool as hell. Dosnt look like the green goes up high enough But one aweome looking shroom!

I would love the hear some feedback because maybe what I was told meets criteria isnt correct!

Some of them are cool and would love it if it turned out that way with the crazy long bottom tentacles but what are the chances of that? lol

Should I go for it? I did make and win a bid and NEVER do that to people but he is already giving me a hard time about the credit and told me to call him on his cell! He may not even honor it and in that case any body got any godzillias? LOL

One other thing I dont like Is I am sure its not aquacultured! His inventory changes all the time and you can pretty much tell who is selling there own stuff because its the same auction just about every week!

ebay god6.jpg ebay god3.jpg download (30).jpg baby godzillia on reef2reef 300 shipped.png 20220712_075701.jpg reef 2 reef godzillia.jpeg download (28).jpg flipseagodzilla.jpeg download (27).jpg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love getting stuff on eBay. Sometimes it's great, other times it isn't worth the freight. I pretty much have a list of things I won't buy unless I can see them in person. I buy reagents, some foods, lots of dry goods, and coral from sellers I know.

If you won the auction then you kind of committed to making the purchase according to the terms of use agreement. Most of the folks are not getting rich selling on eBay, so I try to bid less than I want to pay and if I win I figure I got a fair chance at enjoying what they send. I tied someone on Tuesday, but they bid a few seconds before me and so they won. I was happy to support the seller, (I know him) and times are tough for the lfs folks.

Buy some corals and be happy about it! That shroom is going to be fantastic when it gets grapefruit sized! HTH.

welsher7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO.....picture 2 and picture 9 look off to me but it just be the angle of the pictures or the lighting. the rest look like godzillas. As far as not being aquacultured because the sellers has one for sale every week isn't necessarily true. remember these are just mushrooms and when happy can be incredibly prolific. If the seller let them reproduce for a while before selling then he/she could have many on hand.

All of these are godzillas of different sizes

EDE4D4A6-8C4A-4E49-AD82-4C81C0297BC7.jpeg 68030BE4-778A-46DB-AEC1-692DBB55DED6.jpeg CC964908-D357-4BFC-B789-08B180379C21.jpeg 0E56C073-FC28-44AD-82A1-54C8DDF18306.jpeg

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back