Is this a Vermetid snail?

Mike197

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2019
Messages
27
Reaction score
9
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
I noticed this little thing growing on the side of my cane cane coral frag. At first I hoped it was a new head, but after doing some research I think that it might be a Vermetid snail. However, while it has the same general shape of one, it does not seem to have the hard, tube-like, outer shell they are usually described as having. So I just wanted to double check with you guys to see what you all thought.

Thank you!!

20190817_114848.jpg 20190817_121258.jpg
 
Hard to tell, but nevertheless, Take a paring knife and scrape it into toilet
 
Yeah that's true, thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new