Is this aiptasia?

Steve Maxwell

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2015
Messages
536
Reaction score
239
Location
Pearland, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this aiptasia...I think it is...
upload_2016-2-12_20-28-50.png


I could swear it wasn't there a couple days ago...and I haven't added anything to the tank in about a month...must have been lying in wait :(

So I'm assuming due to the proximity of the zoas the best way to get rid of it is to get some Aiptasia-X? I've never used it before, but seems easy enough.
 
If u can get the zoas out i have had much success just superglueing over the aptasia just a suggestion
 
It is definitely aiptasia. Kalk paste will work or aiptasia x. Inject it straight into it's mouth while it's still open.
 
Yep its an aipstasia, majanos typically have more rounded tentacle tips. Either way it's a pest, if you only have one use super glue or kalk paste on it.
 
I will suggest a super glue method to you. Put on baking soda and regular supper glue it's a plastic welding method. It won't come out of that. Lol
 
So do I just take the rock out of the water, try to separate the aiptasia from the zoas and coat it with super glue gel? Do I need to remove it after that? I don't see any others, but I'm going to pick up a couple black and white clowns for my other tank tomorrow and might look for a peppermint shrimp as well just to be safe.
 
So do I just take the rock out of the water, try to separate the aiptasia from the zoas and coat it with super glue gel? Do I need to remove it after that? I don't see any others, but I'm going to pick up a couple black and white clowns for my other tank tomorrow and might look for a peppermint shrimp as well just to be safe.
Yes or my method baking soda and regular supper glue. It will never come back again lol.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new