Is this an AEFW photo?

  • Thread starter Thread starter blufin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

blufin

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2013
Messages
302
Reaction score
34
Location
West Palm Beach, Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed this little creature crawling across one of my rocks. I'm sorry that the photo is not very good, but I'll try to describe it in detail to help with id. This little creature was no bigger than a match head. It was translucent/whitish and had 2 very small white dots on the "front/head and rear/tail. It moved sort of like a slug, or inch worm. When it did move, its shape changed from long/skinny to a more round/teardrop shape. It reminded me of Inky and Blinky from Pacman. It appeared to have a forked tail or feet. I didn't see any more of these, just the one.
Most of the photos I've seen of AEFW were more oval shaped and brown, with no split at the "feet/tail".

Is this possibly an AEFW or something else?

image.jpg
 
Looks like amphiscolop[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]s. The consensus is that they're harmless.[/FONT]
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new