Is this blue ridge even alive?

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2019
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,049
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this little frag of blue ridge coral for about 3 months now and I have noticed 0 change. I'm not sure if it's even alive the only thing i notice is that it has these little hairs growing on it. Sorry for the blue light

20190820_223035.jpg 20190820_223055.jpg 20190820_223159.jpg
 
These guys like lots of flow. Try moving him around and see if tou can find its happy spot. Youll see tiny polyps come out.
 
I tried to find that for sale last night. If anybody frags this, please let me know.
 
I tried to find that for sale last night. If anybody frags this, please let me know.
It made a baby once. A little purple triangle with white dots on the corners... It it does again I will send it to you. It is growing on the right in the center pic. I got mine at the LFS which closed.
 
It made a baby once. A little purple triangle with white dots on the corners... It it does again I will send it to you. It is growing on the right in the center pic. I got mine at the LFS which closed.
I'd love for my son to have this. Such a cool thing. No worries about care. He is a serious reefer.
 
Very alive. As long as it is glossy as in your pic, Its alive. Occasionally will boast polyps. I have a Large chunk in my tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new