Is this bryopsis

Flounder's Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 13, 2019
Messages
469
Reaction score
174
Location
Nazareth, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is this the start of bryopsis this is the only section currently with this type of algae the tank has been running for 5 years anyone have any ideas?

20260327_161744.jpg 20260327_161724.jpg 20260327_161741.jpg 20260327_162127.jpg
 
Grainy but it looks like it. Has the branching filaments
 
I would rip that/scrape it off and plop a snail right on the spot. I had some to start but my cuc decimated it since there wasn’t much else. If you take care of that little spot now, I don’t see it taking over your tank.
 
For very small outbreaks, you can spot treat (pull out and use some kalk paste (or f aiptasia) to kill the roots. I had several outbreaks that went far beyond this and used Flux Rx. Both times it came back from some of the deep rock areas but the 2nd time i was able to spot treat and didn't have to use Flux Rx again. Flux didn't hurt any corals, inverts or fish - it's just a pain to do with no water changes, turn off your UV, skimmer etc.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new