Is this Chaeto growing on my back wall?

SecurePayment

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2018
Messages
20
Reaction score
13
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these small bits Chaeto? I restarted my tank and noticed this growing slowly on my back wall. They’re short and wiry and seem to be somewhat stiff.

IMG_4810.jpeg IMG_4811.jpeg
 
I can't tell you what it is, but I'm pretty sure (not positive) it is not chaeto.
 
I've grown chaeto for a couple of years in my sump. Dont remember seeing them growing on glass like that - that would be wild.
 
Photos under white light? Is it growing anywhere else or just the back wall?
 
Photos under white light? Is it growing anywhere else or just the back wall?
it’s starting to show up on my rocks as well. Here is a close up of it out of the water.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4826.jpeg
    IMG_4826.jpeg
    218 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4815.jpeg
    IMG_4815.jpeg
    156.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4816.jpeg
    IMG_4816.jpeg
    217.7 KB · Views: 16
I dont know what it is but I feels it's not Chaeto.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new