Is this club still active?

gpd124

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Quick question, do you have a preferred LFS? I don’t have one down my way and I would love to find something somewhat close.

I like That Pet Place in Lancaster - they have a nice selection for browsing (dry goods or livestock). Admittedly, some of have mixed feelings about the quality of livestock.

EuphylliaAddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like That Pet Place in Lancaster - they have a nice selection for browsing (dry goods or livestock). Admittedly, some of have mixed feelings about the quality of livestock.
Yeah low ratings on that place, best to shop online for everything or find us locals and get frags and fish from hobbyists....

4kidsandapug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Hanover area, I have a 180 peninsula if you ever need help just shoot me a pm.
Where’d you find the peninsula? I’m ordering an ScA 100. I’m in the market for any used equipment (gently used). Lighting, skimmers, pumps? Particularly old water storage as I’m building a mixing station.

EuphylliaAddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where’d you find the peninsula? I’m ordering an ScA 100. I’m in the market for any used equipment (gently used). Lighting, skimmers, pumps? Particularly old water storage as I’m building a mixing station.
I went with a brand new waterbox, I know of a guy in lancaster that has a bunch of used equipment. Sofishticated is the company he runs, easy to find on Google. Good luck.

4kidsandapug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
I went with a brand new waterbox, I know of a guy in lancaster that has a bunch of used equipment. Sofishticated is the company he runs, easy to find on Google. Good luck.
Checking it out now. How do you feel about the water box? I looked at them, mixed reviews on here though

EuphylliaAddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checking it out now. How do you feel about the water box? I looked at them, mixed reviews on here though
Absolutely love mine, would go with Waterbox over almost anyone else. I got the 7226 peninsula, which is a 6' tank. I am very happy with the build quality and price. I will say that after looking through starfire glass all the time it makes other tanks look of less build quality. I would definitely recommend waterbox to anyone that is after a quality piece of furniture and not just a tank and stand.

4kidsandapug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Absolutely love mine, would go with Waterbox over almost anyone else. I got the 7226 peninsula, which is a 6' tank. I am very happy with the build quality and price. I will say that after looking through starfire glass all the time it makes other tanks look of less build quality. I would definitely recommend waterbox to anyone that is after a quality piece of furniture and not just a tank and stand.
That’s why I’m going with an SCA. I don’t like the cabinets that come with and the water box seem bulky to try and work on the sump? I was stuck on the Red Sea tanks for a long time but figure I can cut corners building my own sump

Jeff Kohlmann

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to go with Starfire from a family run store but he insisted I don’t need or want that. I’d like to give the little guy my business even though it’s costing me more but he’s telling what I need from him with NO input from me on what I want. He had me @$8,000 so far with lots of essentials left out. I was a putz for trying to be nice to a loser so I walked. He refused to compromise so now he gets nothing. Wishing him success selling cat litter. I did get few cans dog food... I’m sorry I did.

EuphylliaAddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to go with Starfire from a family run store but he insisted I don’t need or want that. I’d like to give the little guy my business even though it’s costing me more but he’s telling what I need from him with NO input from me on what I want. He had me @$8,000 so far with lots of essentials left out. I was a putz for trying to be nice to a loser so I walked. He refused to compromise so now he gets nothing. Wishing him success selling cat litter. I did get few cans dog food... I’m sorry I did.
I can probably help you out on a new set-up. PM if interested

Exotic_Reefer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not trying to advertise here, but I live 10minutes from thatfishplace.. I have a nice frag tank setup and I sell to plenty of people! I have beginner stuff as well as higher end stuff! If yall are ever in the area. And I'm definitely definitely a lot cheaper than thatfishplace lol

EuphylliaAddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not trying to advertise here, but I live 10minutes from thatfishplace.. I have a nice frag tank setup and I sell to plenty of people! I have beginner stuff as well as higher end stuff! If yall are ever in the area. And I'm definitely definitely a lot cheaper than thatfishplace lol
You probably have better coral selection too, I'll definitely have to make a trip.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back